Grow Room Silent Extraction Fan, stealth setup

Reaction score
Hello guys i hope you re all doing great.
As the title suggests i would like your opinions on the subject, i am currently running a Ram inline fan 125mm and i am looking to replace it as it is too noisy. I am planning to move my grow tent to my balcony so i need almost complete silence. Odor control isn't as important as noise control at the place that i want to use.
I have Ac infinity and Soler & Palau in mind, that i will combine with some silenced ducting and possibly a fan speed controller in order to get the most out of it.
I currently have this at hand https://www.hempatia.eu/cli-mate-smart-controller-6-5-amp, but when i plug the Ram EC fan on it does a horrible humming noise that is louder than the fan working at full speed:lol::lol: The problem is the fan and not this device though as i have used a Ram branded controller of lower quality previously and got a similar result!!
How silent can it get, does it worth it?
Any suggestions, help and opinions on the subject will be much appreciated!!!

Hello guys i hope you re all doing great.
As the title suggests i would like your opinions on the subject, i am currently running a Ram inline fan 125mm and i am looking to replace it as it is too noisy. I am planning to move my grow tent to my balcony so i need almost complete silence. Odor control isn't as important as noise control at the place that i want to use.
I have Ac infinity and Soler & Palau in mind, that i will combine with some silenced ducting and possibly a fan speed controller in order to get the most out of it.
I currently have this at hand https://www.hempatia.eu/cli-mate-smart-controller-6-5-amp, but when i plug the Ram EC fan on it does a horrible humming noise that is louder than the fan working at full speed:lol::lol: The problem is the fan and not this device though as i have used a Ram branded controller of lower quality previously and got a similar result!!
How silent can it get, does it worth it?
Any suggestions, help and opinions on the subject will be much appreciated!!!
I don't know tons about fans but are you sure your fan is an ec not ac as there normally ones that hum I also have the ac infinity 6 inch extraction fan and some of them come with the speed controller

I'd say the controller is dropping the voltage to a level that the fan isn't happy with. The AC Infinity fans are the way to go imo. Very quiet and the controller is very easy to setup. Especially when using the app if you get the controller 67 or 69

I can also attest that the ACInfinity fans are very quiet, on lower speeds. At speed 5/6 and up you can definitely hear the fan. If you have the space, moving up to the 6" over the 4" will help move the same volume of air at a lower speed.

My ac infinity fan is a beast. I have ac everything but I went with a 6" for my 3x3 and I rarely run it over 60% power, inside the tent you really dont hear it at all unless the house is dead quiet or you'rein the same room. The furnace drowns out the sound if thats any indication. A lot of companys make sound dampening attachments too. Ac infinity does if you really want it to be quiet.
Screenshot_20230216_211336_Chrome.jpg

They make them for every diameter exhaust

@freedom420 not all controllers are compatible with all motors and this may be the problem?
The thing I can tell you is to buy a fan twice the size or more than you need with a built in controller. A fan running at half speed or less will make way less noise. My 8 inch fan moves a lot of air on its slowest speed and is very quiet when doing so. I live in a location with very hot summers and I need to run it full speed sometimes. It gets pretty noisy then.

A bigger fan run at a lower speed will be quieter.

Area of a circle squares as diameter doubles, so an 8" fan moves roughly 4x as much air at the same speed, allowing you to go to the lowest speed.

Using a rheostat to control an AC fan often makes it louder because the motor 'lopes' A good digital controller and a fan intended for it will be quiet at low speeds.

Back