Reaction score
First time grower, and I’m attempting trying to get this guy back to his gloriousmess.

Here’s some background info:
Growing site: Outside
Strain: Skywalker OG (Auto)
Soil: Ocean Forest & Happy Frog 50/50 mix.

I try to not overwater. pH of the soil is between 5.8-6.2. I use the Fox Farms recommended feeding schedule for their main 3 organic nutes + cal mag + diluted neem oil/soap in the evening to help with insects.

Over the last few days these brown spots (see attached photos) have started showing up and then most recently, the tips have started to brown and curl upwards. I’ve given him some compost tea + sprayed the leaves with a lil baking soda/water in the evening to see if either of those might do something.
Please help! What’s going wrong?!

Attachments

• Leaf-Closeup.jpg
    Leaf-Closeup.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Whole-Plant.jpg
    Whole-Plant.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Leaves-From Above.jpg
    Leaves-From Above.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 54
  • Leaf-Tip.jpg
    Leaf-Tip.jpg
    450.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Leaves.jpg
    Leaves.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 48
@JustAnotherN3rd :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

You are running your soil a little too low on PH. It should be ~6.4PH That may just be a burn from the baking soda which is too alkaline to spray on a living plant? Or it might be that Phosphorous is getting locked out?

2021-11-20_16-43-12.jpg

:goodluck:

@JustAnotherN3rd :welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

You are running your soil a little too low on PH. It should be ~6.4PH That may just be a burn from the baking soda which is too alkaline to spray on a living plant? Or it might be that Phosphorous is getting locked out?

View attachment 1470144

:goodluck:
Interesting. Everyone I've spoken to has said around 6.0 for pH. And the phosphorous levels are coming back fine. No baking soda burns. This was happening before baking soda and it was diluted (I've used this mixture on other plants with no issues).

First time grower, and I’m attempting trying to get this guy back to his gloriousmess.

Here’s some background info:
Growing site: Outside
Strain: Skywalker OG (Auto)
Soil: Ocean Forest & Happy Frog 50/50 mix.

I try to not overwater. pH of the soil is between 5.8-6.2. I use the Fox Farms recommended feeding schedule for their main 3 organic nutes + cal mag + diluted neem oil/soap in the evening to help with insects.

Over the last few days these brown spots (see attached photos) have started showing up and then most recently, the tips have started to brown and curl upwards. I’ve given him some compost tea + sprayed the leaves with a lil baking soda/water in the evening to see if either of those might do something.
Please help! What’s going wrong?!

I wouldn't use Neem oil outdoors, it's been found to be toxic. Doesn't work that well indoors either. Peppermint Castile and a product like Dr Zyme is preferable.

Why are you adding cal mag? Why are you spraying leaves with baking soda? That is sodium bicarbonate - Dr Zyme+CEASE is preferable, I'm not spraying salt old my weed plants.

How do you know the phosphorus levels are fine?

How are you measuring the soil pH? 5.8 is too low, I don't even go that low in hydroponics let alone soil. I'd stop listening to those people your were talking to, they sound ignorant and they aren't growing your cannabis for you. It's a lot to take in as a new cannabis grower but that are setting you on the path to success with that poor advice. Did you invest a lot of research into this before jumping in?

Beyond your leaf issues, that structure isn't how a healthy cannabis plant should be growing. It is sparse and stretchy as all get out - I don't forsee even an ounce with the current situation. You asked for help and it was provided but you denied everything despite being an admitted first time grower - I don't treat my hostas the same as my cannabis or my yucca.

Back