To humidify or not to humidify…. That is the question

Reaction score
I will be starting a grow in a Gorilla 5x5 shorty running Medicgrow EZ-8 1000w LED, growing with autopots in soil, 6” intake, 8” exhaust (ac infinity) etc.
What kind of humidifier would you suggest?
Once again I see that there are so many differebtchoices and options and need some advice!
Any ideas on what would be good for me?
Will I need a dehumidifier too even though my light and fan controllers have temp & humidity sensors?

Thanks in advance
Raskalius
7BACDA99-1ACC-4803-A608-AB43BAB65B5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AMG
I will be starting a grow in a Gorilla 5x5 shorty running Medicgrow EZ-8 1000w LED, growing with autopots in soil, 6” intake, 8” exhaust (ac infinity) etc.
What kind of humidifier would you suggest?
Once again I see that there are so many differebtchoices and options and need some advice!
Any ideas on what would be good for me?
Will I need a dehumidifier too even though my light and fan controllers have temp & humidity sensors?

Thanks in advance
RaskaliusView attachment 1407854

If your general humidity for the room is below 40% I'd suggest either a Vornado 4 gallon humidifier connected to a humidity controller like the InkBird. Another option is an AIRCARE whole room humidifier that is digital and would not need a controller but it all really depends on your temperature in relation to your VPD.

You'll need the dehumidifier if you live in a humid climate. They, your lights and fans, may have sensors but if it's an AC Infinity then they moreso self regulate but you still need to have the ability to control temperature at the least(ac/heater) regardless of the fan and lights.

If your general humidity for the room is below 40% I'd suggest either a Vornado 4 gallon humidifier connected to a humidity controller like the InkBird. Another option is an AIRCARE whole room humidifier that is digital and would not need a controller but it all really depends on your temperature in relation to your VPD.

You'll need the dehumidifier if you live in a humid climate. They, your lights and fans, may have sensors but if it's an AC Infinity then they moreso self regulate but you still need to have the ability to control temperature at the least(ac/heater) regardless of the fan and lights.
The grow room is in a dry basement with air coming in through a passive vent, the intake fan will take the air from the room into the tent (not direct from outside).
There isn't hardly any humidity in the basement grow room.
I'm located in Eastern Europe, get cold in winter but the basement is relatively warm as the room next to the grow room has a pellet heater/burner that heats the whole house.

Attachments

• IMG_0447.JPG
    IMG_0447.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 32
The grow room is in a dry basement with air coming in through a passive vent, the intake fan will take the air from the room into the tent (not direct from outside).
There isn't hardly any humidity in the basement grow room.
I'm located in Eastern Europe, get cold in winter but the basement is relatively warm as the room next to the grow room has a pellet heater/burner that heats the whole house.

I'd get a whole room humidifier to push the RH above 40%, once you have plants going and releasing water then you'll see an increase in RH. IDK if you can get AIRCARE where you are but they make decent evaporative humidifiers, their sensors are not the most accurate but a 6 gallon unit does my 20x14 room very well.

Plus it is easier to treat the whole basement as your lung room rather than fiddling with all that stupid shit in the grow tent. Tents are not sealed and always intake their air from whatever room they are placed in, treating the air for temp and humidity means you're intake air is always at the right VPD as your exhaust fan cycles fresh treated air back in. If you can fit appliances outside your tent it is is significant easier to tend to your garden then having all that crap in with your plants.

I have a reptile humidifier. It can be unit can be put outside the tent and pumped into the tent. It also has a sensor that hangs inside the tent.

61E96+Qt3bL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I have a reptile humidifier. It can be unit can be put outside the tent and pumped into the tent. It also has a sensor that hangs inside the tent.

View attachment 1408041
Interesting......
Looks great but the only drawback I see with this is that it has a 4 litre reservoir!
I just bought a Ram ultrasonic humidifier with a 13 litre tank and will attach it to an Inkbird IHc200 humidity controller.
My tent is 5x5 gorilla shorty

Attachments

• inkbird.jpg
    inkbird.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 31
  • RAM.jpg
    RAM.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have a little 2x2x6 tent and refill maybe once a week so it works for that space

Which humidifier are you running?

The Wacool in the picture above. The sensor plugs into the back of the humidifier and hangs inside the tent. I put the end of the humidifier hose through one of the tent vent holes and have a small drip catch pan inside the tent under the outlet hose. Opened up floor space and works fine.

71-SbxI4BBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The Wacool in the picture above. The sensor plugs into the back of the humidifier and hangs inside the tent. I put the end of the humidifier hose through one of the tent vent holes and have a small drip catch pan inside the tent under the outlet hose. Opened up floor space and works fine.

View attachment 1408731
Looks great, it's a shame they don't sell one with a bigger water tank!

Back