3 days of darkness before harvest

I always go 3 days dark if I can. The reason is that sun degrades THC and the plant still puts it out for 3 day's. So I personally do it for a little stronger weed though its probably less than 1% increase. As the saying goes though 'Every Little Helps' and the little look after the large.

I hear a lot about terps but I wouldn't have a clue if they improved i would say no in all honesty. But thats based on it seems to taste no different.

Controversial! I use my eyes!

I've started dimming my light more in the last 7-10 days. I used to blast them until the last minute. Never noticed any real difference. Some plants even, stresses them it seems, when blasting, in the wrong way. Especially in warmer seasons. I rarely expect miraculous results. I just like to use my eyes.

I have done tests with feeding till chop vs just giving them plain Un-PHd water during the last week. Never noticed even the slightest difference. Everrr. I do not believe in flushing per se. I just realized there is no sense in wasting my nutes.

I have done tests feeding autos at photo levels and had amazing results.

I have added additives to my coco to retain water so I can water once a day, 6 days a week. Take a day off. Amazing results.

I have done tests, I may have mentioned it earlier in this thread. I have done tests, I'm doing it now! Up to a week of darkness with no water. Then chop. Using my eyes? Every plant I do this to. They come out way frostier than before.

Here's the kicker. Without fail. Anyone I have shared these flowers with. 100% of the time, those plants that I have "stressed" by darkness or whatever? They always comment on how amazing it is. These people have no clue as to what I have done. They're consumers, HEAVY snob consumers, they couldn't grow a sunflower. They're not growers.

Controversial! Never figured out why people just don't try things to see what different results might happen.

Takeaway: I'm a big believer in science. Thing is that science....it's always evolving. Or should be. But in order to make that happen studies have to continue.

Takeaway: I'm not a huge believer in bro-science. But I always think that it is based on some grain of "truth". Maybe the intended result to a lot of bro-science is wrong? Like can you really flush a plant? I don't personally think so. But you CAN save nutes. Maybe that is the intended result in reality?

Does putting them in the dark make a difference? I kinda think it does? Is it the reason that bro-science claims it to be? I dunno. Maybe the dark allows the plant to ripen in a different way? Preserves something? I really do not know. I can't claim to know anything except that which I see. With my eyes.

Try it. See what happens.

I have an entire thread below. That I document most of my findings.
Intresting…
oh and @administration his link in the sig produced an error code that i want to bring awareness to.

my feels on this have been… There really isnt 24-36 (48-72 or more esp) CONTINUOUS HOURS pure dark IN NATURE. and since i am doing my best impression on ‘nature’ as far as light sched and temp control(s) = environment. so i have not subscribed to the darkness Theory of significant boost.

but after reading the GBG comment “no food or lights for a week” and subsequent “Ice bath last drink” that have genuinely got me considering doing a combination of both methods for the last two weeks of my next harvest…

ill have to update this if i pull the trigger.

Is this a myth or has it been proven to increase potency, terpenes, and/or trichomes?
I hqve experienced with 24-48 hrs of darkness and i have noticed that every time i have done this that my buds are more dense compare to ehen they were in light before being chopped but other than that it doesn't do much else other than from what i heard rippin up the trhicome heads

Back