DIY 50/50 coco perlite auto drip

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm in the right spot but hello fellow cultivators. I've DIYed a auto drip for 4 -3 gallon fabric pots 50/50 coco perlite mix 12 gallon res with chiller. Drain to waste. I'm currently using foxfarm in my soil grow so I would like to use if possible maybe picking up some grow big hydro?? Or should I go to the cultivation nation? I'm hoping to fertigate numerous times daily as the grow progress 4 to 6 times daily. Oh yeah I'll be running autos. I could use some help on nutrients and nutrient strength.

I'm not familiar with those nutes, but you're gonna need hydro nutes plus maybe some calmag depending on your starting water quality. Do you know your starting water quality? You're gonna want to keep your pH around 5.8-6. Generally feed low like 500-600 ppm. Gonna either want prebuffered Coco or wash and buffer it yourself. There's a good guide on Cocoforcannabis. My plants in 3 gallons of Coco in full flower run 8x a day for 6 minutes at a clip with 2 drippers each. Make sure you're getting about 20% runoff out of whatever plant is drinking the most every day

I'm not familiar with those nutes, but you're gonna need hydro nutes plus maybe some calmag depending on your starting water quality. Do you know your starting water quality? You're gonna want to keep your pH around 5.8-6. Generally feed low like 500-600 ppm. Gonna either want prebuffered Coco or wash and buffer it yourself. There's a good guide on Cocoforcannabis. My plants in 3 gallons of Coco in full flower run 8x a day for 6 minutes at a clip with 2 drippers each. Make sure you're getting about 20% runoff out of whatever plant is drinking the most every day
Very helpful. So nutrients solution is similar to dwc?

Reactions: JP1
Very helpful. So nutrients solution is similar to dwc?
Yup. Coco is considered hydro. Have to be fed with every fertigation

Last edited:
Back