A few questions from a first time grower(outdoor)

Yea I was also thinking about topping, but many people say it's absolutley not for beginners. Just one thing I'm curious about: Is it nessecery to top in a 45° angle? Or is that bro sience?
Well, first of all, keep it simple. It's weed!

Imo no angle or anything special needed, not even a scissor. Clean fingernails are enough (for me).
If you want it sterile, just heat up a scissor with a lighter and do the cut.
Thats one thing I advise you...be a clean grower. Any type of organic matter that lays in a moist environment attracts mold - and we absolutely don't want mold. So keep your box clean.

You have to find your preferred way to grow and adapt the right nutes for that.
You can make mistakes with nearly any type of fertilizer, there's not that one magic thing.
Perhaps biotabs are easier (for next run), perhaps you switch to another vendor for another style of growing.
You came to one of the best places for advice, no "posers" here. Just ask, be a nice person and try to read through stuff here.

Cheers!

You came to one of the best places for advice, no "posers" here. Just ask, be a nice person and try to read through stuff here.
I'm pretty sure that this is the ideal place at least for me personally. I was so unhappy before I found AFN which happened just ramdomly while I was looking & searching on the internet for a while already. After I found AFN, it nearly happened immediately, after reading a few posts of these awesome people here, who are acting absolutley different, nice behaivior almost everywhere, that I got this rare feeling of "damn, this is the place where I can get anything I need to know at one super place. Finally!!!". Then I started to invest my time only on AFN (beside some links which sent me to another place from here). If you read lots of bullsh*t where people are acting like it's a competition(especially made this expierence at a lot of other places on the internet) about giving the best answer you can feel very sad and disappointed. Even on reddit I made similar bad expierence (maybe just didn't found a good community there, who cares now?)

And for the rest of your post, I'll keep that things in mind.

Just wanna to thank y'all for your kindness here.

I'm pretty happy with the input I got and I feel less "stressed"(as hopefully my babies will) and pretty calm to finally start my first growing project :)

Happy growing!!!

hey y'all,
today early (it's now 5.40 p.m here in germany, so a few hours ago) I finally got 2/2 germinated seedlings showing both life after 4 days of germination in their final home using the method with the kitchen foil of dutch passion (to show my gratitude I ordered a few seeds btw). Both of them are looking good and are already starting to build their first pair of leafes. I think tomorrow I'll post some pictures as I think it will be more interesting to see. What shall I say? I'm pretty happy of my first 2 seedlings made possible by the AFN community with all these information I got from you guys here.
Big thanks to all of you!!!
Happy growing :)

Sounds like your under way lots of good help in here. For what it’s worth I’d just cut that all mix with perlite at most 30% which should make it a lighter mix. You can get into mix soils but I don’t recommend layering soils. I would worry to much abont the soil being “hot”. So auto’s don’t like it but others get by just fine just hold off feeding for the first few weeks. Mind you I have no experience with bio bizz :toke::pass: definitely post some pics and start a journal that way we can help along the way:smokeout::d5::vibe:

I’d just cut that all mix with perlite at most 30%
Hey @Lil Dab thanks for stopping by and your suggest is actually what I did and it seems to work well so far.
start a journal that way we can help along the way
I think I should really do it. Gonna prepare some things for a journal.
Two days ago I started another 2 seeds where I use the germination method you presented in the AFN. So things could get even more interesting if I start a journal.

Thank you guys for the likes :)
happy growing.

You are in good hands mate , Just don't over think things , If I was you I would leave the plant alone and let it grow natural so so can see how they grow , then think about topping ect , Soil or other grow mediums you may change in time , Nutrients is a big subject again keep it simple till you get the understanding of how they interact with the plant and as you go down this path your joy and satisfaction knowing you are growing mighty fine weed . There is a big - But - Time , steady steady mate . and as the lads have said , == ask == and we will help . :vibe:

Hey guys, I finally made it to the journal :)
My Journal

I'm not sure if I did it right, as my post is showing in the blog details page, but I think I did everything like it's described in the "guide to blogging on AFN" thread and other journals looks similar but with also having content in the blog entries page. Well I think I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Hey guys, I finally made it to the journal :)
My Journal

I'm not sure if I did it right, as my post is showing in the blog details page, but I think I did everything like it's described in the "guide to blogging on AFN" thread and other journals looks similar but with also having content in the blog entries page. Well I think I'll figure it out sooner or later.

Yeah that’s fine most of us don’t use blogs they are confusing to follow. Most of us just you a normal thread in grow journals or in the genetics section under specific breeder

Just a little question: Do you start giving your photos 20/4 (or whatever cycle you use) directly after you put the germinated seed into the soil or after it shows a sproud in the soil? just wondering

Back