Abriselux 1500 grow light

they get away with saying 4x4 coverage because growing peppers, or herbs, or flowers etc, it might do ok in a 4x4. Remember, they’re marketing to cannabis growers on the backside, the lights are “intended” to grow other (read legal everywhere) plants.
Cannabis has different light needs for quality bud.
Would it grow cannabis? Yes. But the square footage that that light would cover (for flowering) would be closer to 6 sqft not 16. That's just under 2.5”x 2.5’.

Options? Continue on with this light and reduce your expectations to a couple of ounces, & focus on getting your skill level up and then upgrading.
Or
Add lighting / replace fixture with one that would provide the energy to flower out 16sqft.

To give you a idea , I use 450 watt for the same space .

450w of new technology-LED is a lot of light. I wouldn’t use more for a 4x4, the light-output is almost to much, but 150w sounds just to little to get a fat yield.

But maybe @AutoFarmer67 can prove us wrong?

:pass:

If looking at lights, a rough estimate is 25w (drawn) per square foot will get you pretty close to the right numbers. So for 16sqft about 400 watts is a good starting point.

I was running 450w of DIY cobs in a 4x4, it worked very well.
I’ve moved to a 4x8 recently and replaced the lighting as well. currently I have 3 350w HLG quantum boards in it ( with a 4th in reserve if needed). There is an advantage to having too much new tech led… I can run them all at a lower setting, which for led makes them even more efficient.

Not inexpensive tho I’ll say that.

Don’t sweat what you start with too much, my first run was under stolen 90w security lights (HPS) in a closet with crappy ventilation. I screwed that grow up so bad I was the only one who would smoke the weed. Yeah it was that bad. It wasn’t the equipment, it was the idiot with the watering bucket. My skill level wasn’t even up to the level of the poor gear I had assembled.

There’s something to be said for learning the craft first. Then when your buying stuff for your next setup you know what you want and why.

Thank you all for your replies. Any suggestions on the best light for my tent with 2 plants at one time? I am just growing for myself, so I dont need a commercial grade light, the minimum I can get a good yield out of would be fine.

Back