AJ's Mega Crop DWC Grow

Thanks Savage! I saw this then had a poke around at some other videos on your page. Hopefully I will have some trunks like those soon!

What are you using for PK? The Bud Explosion from Greenleaf or something different? Also I read in your comments you don't bother with PH, have you ever checked just for reference what the water gets to with the MC added? My tap water is also 7.0, but usually when I mix my nutes it only goes down to about 6.4-6.5.

I buy cheap P/K off ebay, its a blue bottle and is 8 quid. I dont buy overpriced, overmarketed products anymore.

My tap is 7.0 and we have some of the best quality water around. I emailed my water company and they sent me a pdf breakdown. My litmus paper stays a pale green and goes slightly lighter after adding MC. 9 from dark to lighter green). When my ph pen broke i didnt bother getting another one.

I stopped fussing and tinkering when i found MC. Fucking about may get me an extra 20g on a 300g plant...big deal and not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Very interested in this thread. I have some DWC buckets on the way to test out, so I will be switching over to that from coco dtw. This will be my first real try at DWC so any guidance or tips would be great, I will be starting a grow thread soon. Believe it or not when I lived at home yearsss ago I tried to grow a pepper plant in a DWC bucket and got to the point of having fruits before root rot and slime took over (I had no idea what I was doing) in an attempt to learn hydro before I moved out of my parents haha. But anyway.. I know I will have good results now that I somewhat can grow plants, even though I have been having issues lately if you follow me. @Savage Garden I have been following you recently on IG and your plants are incredible.

So do you guys have an opinion on keeping my full system (6 site RDWC) sterile with just MC and hydrozyme? What about the other GL additives? Calmag, BE, SC, kelp? I have been using the whole line in coco, along with recharge. I think I want to stay away from anything organic, and be as sterile as possible. Germ in rockwool cubes, netcups with growstones vs hydroton?

Going to be reading a lot more around here over the next few days as well as your threads. @AJrexxx your plants look great!
Personally I have never been able to keep a sterile environment. My very first round I tried hydroguard and MC. Just didn't work out. I just use the tea now. My first plant I did not add cal mag but I have on this last one and it is making quite the difference. I only change the bucket about every 30 days. I am not sure on a larger system like that though as I am only doing on or two at a time. Sometimes when you scale something up it changes the input or maintenance. I just haven't gotten there yet so I am not sure.

I buy cheap P/K off ebay, its a blue bottle and is 8 quid. I dont buy overpriced, overmarketed products anymore.

My tap is 7.0 and we have some of the best quality water around. I emailed my water company and they sent me a pdf breakdown. My litmus paper stays a pale green and goes slightly lighter after adding MC. 9 from dark to lighter green). When my ph pen broke i didnt bother getting another one.

I stopped fussing and tinkering when i found MC. Fucking about may get me an extra 20g on a 300g plant...big deal and not worth the hassle in my opinion.

Personally I have never been able to keep a sterile environment. My very first round I tried hydroguard and MC. Just didn't work out. I just use the tea now. My first plant I did not add cal mag but I have on this last one and it is making quite the difference. I only change the bucket about every 30 days. I am not sure on a larger system like that though as I am only doing on or two at a time. Sometimes when you scale something up it changes the input or maintenance. I just haven't gotten there yet so I am not sure.

Great, thanks for the advice guys! I will be sticking around to watch both your grows :coffee:

Chopped the Blackberry Gum that was in the Seedstockers comp.
Out of Control.jpg

Height.jpg
Width.jpg

Definitely should of done more trimming during the grow she got out of control. Not a bad haul though might be my first one pound plant.

Buds2.jpg

Back