Live Stoners Any Greenhouse growers out there?

PatRatt

Puff, Puff, Pass!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
GMO Zkittlez
Hey guys and girls, My name is Patrick and I am new here. I am also a first time grower. I live in Oklahoma so our summers get hot and humid. I started my first grow a couple weeks ago in a backyard greenhouse. (6x8x6) I am growing Whiskey Zulu from Twenty20 Genetics. Anyone out there that is growing or has grown in a hot greenhouse with some suggestions on how to control conditions better?

Thanks in advance.

First off, :welcome: brother :d5:

Hey guys and girls, My name is Patrick and I am new here. I am also a first time grower. I live in Oklahoma so our summers get hot and humid. I started my first grow a couple weeks ago in a backyard greenhouse. (6x8x6) I am growing Whiskey Zulu from Twenty20 Genetics. Anyone out there that is growing or has grown in a hot greenhouse with some suggestions on how to control conditions better?

Thanks in advance.
Greenhouses are always hot, unless you provide shade in one or another form. I use a chalk based product which is sprayed on the outside of the greenhouse and it fades over time after each rain. So you'll need to reapply it each year. You could also use shade cloth, which is expensive where I live, but maybe not Stateside.

Regards,

Bob :toke:

First off, :welcome: brother :d5:

Greenhouses are always hot, unless you provide shade in one or another form. I use a chalk based product which is sprayed on the outside of the greenhouse and it fades over time after each rain. So you'll need to reapply it each year. You could also use shade cloth, which is expensive where I live, but maybe not Stateside.

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Why thank you man! Glad to be here.

Yea those are expensive options for just a little polycarbonate greenhouse. I wasn't sure if anyone has had success cooling it down better for cannabis before or not. Figured I would give it a shot. I am honestly thinking of getting a small portable evaporative cooler and sticking it in there. It does have electricity.

Screenshot_20220522-195801.png

Put one of these in my greenhouse last year and it's fantastic. More than enough for a 10x20 greenhouse

I have one that I inherited with the property but being in florida the heat is prohibitive from using it in anything but dead of winter and only with supplemental heat.....built a small enclosure on front porch and used a 2 x 4 seedling pad in that to over winter some house type plants, did pretty good. Still illeagal to grow here so it's all an inside endevour

Back