Anyone use regular plastic pots to grow autos indoors?

I use plastic pots in my auto pot setup and on my seeding projects. The seeding pots are bottom watering type from DG and when the reversal happens it's real easy to just move them out on the porch to keep pollen from getting into the main tent.

I use both fabric and plastic pots in my greenhouse and can't see any difference between plants. Fabric pots do have to be watered more often though...
I could see the watering aspect. I'm afraid of over watering in pots but I'm going to grab a few 10 gallons I think and run photos outdoors. I feel like Indoors I will definitely over water 😁

why so many people say NO to using them. I know autos light the airflow and what not just curious if anyone has had success using them.
Because they haven't grown easy 1/4lbrs in water-only organic soil aerated SIPs :pighug::
IMG_20231025_121443843.jpg
IMG_20231025_121200490_HDR.jpg
WIN_20240226_14_39_12_Pro.jpg
IMG_20240228_073546348.jpg

419d8dc008150fd46f869a4070b55ccb38b68eaf_2_690x325

Folks that grow for larger scale/other reasons and needs may have to get more complicated with what they do (or were just taught something else). :cheers:

"Regular" pots, specifically plastic trash cans/bins, work well. Minimally, drill a few holes at the bottom to allow for drainage.

But as has been noted, the plants will generally be smaller than if in an air-pruned fabric bag or Air-Pot. But that's not a problem in a crowded tent.

I have used both fabric and plastic. Besides the other previous posts pros and cons of both types that have been cited. I prefer to use plastic, 2 or 4 gallon plastic pots. Why? I have a small 3x3 tent and to pull the pots out of the tent to defoliate or LST I can grab the plastic pot with one hand much more easily than a fabric one, especially the pots in the back of the tent. It is more physically difficult for me to grab a fabric pot since it lacks rigidity. Note, I have multiple body issues, i.e. my back and feet/leg balance issues. With plastic, I can sit on the floor and reach to the back of the tent and grab the plastic pot with one hand.

Back