New Grower Archiweedies III

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Super Lemon Haze(homegrown)
What's up guys, I'm back after a disappointing result from my last attempt. Never fear! I am reinvigorated and more determined than ever to grow quality medicine.

Real fast, my last two grows have taught me that organization and documentation are awesome tools that I have neglected. This journal will be simple in many ways but I hope we all learn some stuff and have some laughs!

For this grow I'll be in my normal space, an unfinished garage in SoCal. I am inland so temps are usually a lot warmer here than the coast. I have grown successfully in this space. It's not ideal but it's what I have at the moment. I also always have a plant or four going outdoors.

Grow space - I'm in a custom built box...for now. I have an Apollo Horticulture 48x48x80 coming today from the Zon'.

Lighting - Mars II 400w. Recently added a 55w autocob 3500k and will be adding more as soon as finances permit.

Nutes - I became a big fan of Advanced Nutrients ph perfect tech on my last dwc grow. I will be finishing my AN Micro/Grow/Bloom on this grow and will be moving to Sensi Bloom A/B when I run out.
I'll be adding Botanicare CalMag due to the coco coir and LEDs.
I'll also employ Dyn-Gro Silica Protekt to battle my high temps.

I mix all my nutes in a five gallon bucket and the water is then aerated until it is all used. I'd love to set up a dripper system really soon as I just purchased a 36x36 flood tray. Until then, I'm hand watering twice a day until preflowers.

Containers - Like most, I started with fabric pots. They are cool and all but I wanted to try something smaller and less....round haha so I want with 9x9 square pots. I estimate they are about 2gallon or so containers. I am growing one of the strains in a five gallon fabric pot( more on that in my next post).

Strains - Decided to give Mephisto Genetics a try. These guys are awesome people and very generous with the freebies. Their catalog is amazing!
I dropped the following
Northern Cheese Haze x1
Deep Blue C F2 x1
Tyrone Special x2

All right! I'm sure I'm missing something but let's get going! Next post will be glam shots and vitals!

What's up guys, I'm back after a disappointing result from my last attempt. Never fear! I am reinvigorated and more determined than ever to grow quality medicine.

Real fast, my last two grows have taught me that organization and documentation are awesome tools that I have neglected. This journal will be simple in many ways but I hope we all learn some stuff and have some laughs!

For this grow I'll be in my normal space, an unfinished garage in SoCal. I am inland so temps are usually a lot warmer here than the coast. I have grown successfully in this space. It's not ideal but it's what I have at the moment. I also always have a plant or four going outdoors.

Grow space - I'm in a custom built box...for now. I have an Apollo Horticulture 48x48x80 coming today from the Zon'.

Lighting - Mars II 400w. Recently added a 55w autocob 3500k and will be adding more as soon as finances permit.

Nutes - I became a big fan of Advanced Nutrients ph perfect tech on my last dwc grow. I will be finishing my AN Micro/Grow/Bloom on this grow and will be moving to Sensi Bloom A/B when I run out.
I'll be adding Botanicare CalMag due to the coco coir and LEDs.
I'll also employ Dyn-Gro Silica Protekt to battle my high temps.

I mix all my nutes in a five gallon bucket and the water is then aerated until it is all used. I'd love to set up a dripper system really soon as I just purchased a 36x36 flood tray. Until then, I'm hand watering twice a day until preflowers.

Containers - Like most, I started with fabric pots. They are cool and all but I wanted to try something smaller and less....round haha so I want with 9x9 square pots. I estimate they are about 2gallon or so containers. I am growing one of the strains in a five gallon fabric pot( more on that in my next post).

Strains - Decided to give Mephisto Genetics a try. These guys are awesome people and very generous with the freebies. Their catalog is amazing!
I dropped the following
Northern Cheese Haze x1
Deep Blue C F2 x1
Tyrone Special x2

All right! I'm sure I'm missing something but let's get going! Next post will be glam shots and vitals!
Pics or it didn't happen! LOL that's a standard AFN thing, in case you don't know. I see you've not been with us all that long so your journal's in a good place for people to see, watch and help if you need it.

There are a few of us that help out the new growers. If you need us, just tag either myself, Dabz710 or Micron Creek like this: @Eclectic Elle . And have a little :slap: for growing your own!

Thanks for the love guys. I have some exciting pics to get tomorrow as my 4x4 tent came in and I got it set up! The best news is still to come. Here's some eye candy of my wee little ones:

Day 18
Northern Cheese Haze
bff0d0a02097cbcede66a9221cfceeb5.jpg

Tyrone Special -A
5253598ec0b6641bc3876bb0c427cde8.jpg

Tyrone Special - B
bf140fdd5968cda286f0fc7aace146b7.jpg

Deep Blue C F2
ba924bed951e895412131d340085e6f0.jpg

I plan to use Tangs AN feeding schedule.
Any advice is truly appreciated! Without those who give their knowledge, We would all be worse off.
I have some experience with soil, coco, and DWC. Due to my lack of organization, my grows have been erratic.

I can sum up how bad it's been pretty fast haha. First, I started Super Lemon Haze in soil, topped the shit out of the plant so it had like twenty tops and then transplanted to coco halfway through the grow cause of fungus gnats. Got to harvest with that one. Grew a Crop King Seeds Blueberry next to it, it revegged on me due to light leaks or heat not sure which at this point.
Second Grow was a Northern Lights DWC grow that was supposed to be an autoflower. 2 of the 3 seedlings were transplanted to a 50/50 FOx Farms Happy Frog/Vermifire mix and were indeed two auto's. Although the transplant shocked them, I chopped em' 2-3 weeks ago and they are the first herb I've grown that was better than dispensaries. Harvest was 1zip dry between two autos. The third seedling that was selected to go into my indoor cabinet for flower remained in DWC and ended up being a photo plant. I ran out of space, transplanted her to soil as well, and now she resides next to my other plants outside. She isnt doing so hot but continues to flower. I have two more SLH and a HubbaBubbaSmelloScope outside.
That's where I am, sorry for the long story, thought it would be shorter haha!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like your plants might be experiencing the tiniest amount of stress, maybe your temperatures are up a bit? Or your humidity is down? Or your lights are low? Anyway instead of reaching up happily for the lights they're kind of staying flat and in some cases even lower than flat and there's a little tiny bit of Sawtooth starting around the leaf edges. It's not really anything significant but if all you need to do is raise your light a couple inches to get them reaching up for it then that's a great solution.

Looks like your plants might be experiencing the tiniest amount of stress, maybe your temperatures are up a bit? Or your humidity is down? Or your lights are low? Anyway instead of reaching up happily for the lights they're kind of staying flat and in some cases even lower than flat and there's a little tiny bit of Sawtooth starting around the leaf edges. It's not really anything significant but if all you need to do is raise your light a couple inches to get them reaching up for it then that's a great solution.

Thanks Jingo! Your right, a couple are heat stressed I think. I am still trying to find the sweet spot for my autocob.
I took delivery of my grow tent and talked the wife into letting me put it in the house. Environment should get better fast. I'll do an update tomorrow for Day 20. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 20 update:
New reservoir mixed

Nutes - AN M/G/B 1.5ml/ltr each
CalMag 1ml/ltr
This is their feed for the next ten days.

Things are already looking so much better after getting them into their new environment.
Temps 74 - 82
RH 45%
PH 6.5
PPM 990
*little higher than I wanted but I used my tap water which is 300PPM so ~690PPM is more like it.

Deep Blue C

9d6f1982fe77a16d4d63e2272169e15e.jpg

Northern Cheese Haze

37ddef8df883e32ab181cb96b20a1d3c.jpg

Tyrone A

0f902395e0c17e57c6836d3a7137176e.jpg

Tyrone B

1c26e7c7d05d4af895bbea6e99baa2cd.jpg

And one more addition from my outdoor garden...
HubbaBubbaSmelloScope. It's 107 outside right now and she could use refuge. She is exactly a week older than her sisters.

724a193c87ef04591af92c30f89a327a.jpg

I intend to start a seed at the 3 week mark. That's tomorrow haha! I have all these strains plus a couple toof decays. How do you choose?!?
Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Dunked one seed in water for six hours and then into a paper towel, placed that in a DVD case, wrapped in a tshirt and placed at the top of my grow tent. Will check on it when I get home as that will be almost exactly 24 hours. The strain will be a Mephisto Genetics Toof Decay. My perpetual is officially in the works.!

All plants in coco are watered once a day until the second set of leaves. Then I water twice a day. During Flower I hope to hit them three times a day.
I'm just giving them a 1/4 liter at a time right now, which translates into very little runoff.

Back