Grow Room Are there remote control dehumidifiers?

SHRED

"Onward through the fog!" - Oat Willie
Reaction score
I'm currently using an Inkbird WIFI humidistat on my dehumidifier.
Problem is there's a delay before the compressor kicks in after the humidistat turns on the dehumidifier and my humidity spikes.

It's not an extended spike though.

Should I not worry about it?

Shred, I've been thinking about getting something for humidity control... what model do you have?
I know the 200 has an adjustable delay time. How long and how high are your rh spikes?

Shred, I've been thinking about getting something for humidity control... what model do you have?
I know the 200 has an adjustable delay time. How long and how high are your rh spikes?
I went back to the dehumidifier's humidistat. Leaving it on, it instantly responds.
I don't know what the InkBird delay does. I'll need to look into that more.

Here are some manuals that might help out.
Too be honest, I don't think a brief spike in humidity would hurt anything unless you have insanely dense buds that are already prone to mold and mildew. :peace:
I wonder if the delay is to keep the unit from over-cycling?

Ac infinity makes a controller69 controlled humidifier with its own humidity probe that can be controlled via bluetooth or private LOCAL wireless network. But as far as remote control I am unaware of any. The ac one will only turn on and off according to the parameters you set on its controller though.

One sure fire way to manage humidity is to make sure the room your tent is in is the optimal humidity for current stages. If the air coming into the tent is optimal the humidity in the tent is much easier to dial in

Last edited:
Ac infinity makes a controller69 controlled humidifier with its own humidity probe that can be controlled via bluetooth or private LOCAL wireless network. But as far as remote control I am unaware of any. The ac one will only turn on and off according to the parameters you set on its controller though.

One sure fire way to manage humidity is to make sure the room your tent is in is the optimal humidity for current stages. If the air coming into the tent is optimal the humidity in the tent is much easier to dial in
I forgot to mention the controller 69 is available in local wifi or Bluetooth, not both.

I was asking about a dehumidifier but thanks for that tip.

The garage my tent is in is not ideal.
I'm stuck with trying to manage it.
I'm getting ready to chop and hang.

I currently have my dehu unit inside the tent. The top numbers are the garage and the bottom is inside tent.

Screenshot_20230110_064749_ThermoPro Sensor.jpg

I was asking about a dehumidifier but thanks for that tip.

The garage my tent is in is not ideal.
I'm stuck with trying to manage it.
I'm getting ready to chop and hang.

I currently have my dehu unit inside the tent. The top numbers are the garage and the bottom is inside tent.

View attachment 1554550
My bad. I probably misread it while working last night.

I'm currently using an Inkbird WIFI humidistat on my dehumidifier.
Problem is there's a delay before the compressor kicks in after the humidistat turns on the dehumidifier and my humidity spikes.

It's not an extended spike though.

Should I not worry about it?
Yes.

I see that your grow is in a garage that's "not ideal". Looks like we're members of the same club! My 2' x 4' tent is in an unfinished garage in SoCal. I phrase "controlling the grow environment' as "influencing the grow environment" and it takes some work to deal with each of them.

Re. RH - the eternal struggle. A spike in humidity is damaging if you end up with mildew or some other malady. Other than that, I can't think of an serious issue. Having out of control makes it hard to manage vapor pressure deficit, a measurement that is very important in all horticulture. I learned a lot from this site and, a couple of years later, it's the best summary info I've found on the topic.

The the Inkbird and the AC Infinity Controller 69 - @Cannaficionado brings up some good points and, as of a few days ago, my Inkbird devices are on their way to the Minors. I've been using their RH controllers, a temperature controller, as well a PulseOne ($200) since I started growing again 23 months ago and, I can no longer make a compelling argument to buy or use those devices.

If a grower needs to control only one device, the Inkbird is $50± and will do the trick. The Controller 69 allows you to control 4 devices so, even though it's $99 (for the "Pro" model which support WiFi), there's tremendous value because it's "smart". The Inkird, my RH controller was named "Wetbird", is a dumb device in that it maintains a constant setting, within the parameters that you set. In contrast, I set my Controller 69 to keep VPD at 0.9, plugged Hugh (my humidifier) into an adapter and, as of two days ago, all I've had to do it watch the Controller do its thing. That setup would have saved me dozens of (billable) hours over the last two years that I spent adjusting RH values that are needed to keep VPD in range.

I forgot to mention the controller 69 is available in local wifi or Bluetooth, not both.
The Controller 69 kicks ass.

I bought the 67 when they first came out and managed to get the Controller 69 Pro a few months ago. AC Infinity has an excellent product on their hands makes some excellent products and the Controller 69 and it's is going to cause "all sortsa hell" for Inkbird and Pulse. I use two Inkbirds and a PulseOne. The Inkbirds will be retired in a few days and I'll keep the Pulse running (for very specific reasons) but, if I were starting a new grow, I'd take the Controller 69 over the others, no doubt about it.

Re the networking in the Controller 69 - the Bluetooth model is $30 less than the WiFi model but the WiFi model is well worth the $30 unless a grower is absolutely sure that they will not want to be able to control your grow from more than 30' from the Controller.

"WI Fi LOCAL networking" vs Bluetooth - Bluetooth is a "point to point" protocol meaning that one device communicates directly with another device. Some devices can be connected to by more than one other device at a time (I think that's a feature of the newer Bluetooth protocol) but in most cases, it's one on one, eg a mouse communicates directly with a computer, a watch communicate directly with a phone, etc. "pairing" the devices sets up each device so that it knows about the other device and that it can communicate in a secure manner. And Bluetooth is, by design, limited to "short" range. (Checking Google, the original 10 meter range has been increased to 240 meters with Bluetooth 5.0.)

"LOCAL wireless" is a misnomer. All WiFi is "local" in that it can only run on one network. The key is that, unlike Bluetooth, which is "point to point", WiFi traffic is "routable". A "host" (a device that is capable of communicating on a TCP/IP network) on a WiFi network communicates with the router and the router routes the packets to the appropriate host or hosts on that network. If the traffic is destined for a computer on another network, routers handle moving the packets from one network to another. As of about 50 years ago, we started laying the groundwork for a world wide network of connected networks that we call "the internet". In contrast to the "internet", which moves traffic between networks, the word "intranet" is/was used to describe the network(s) that run within a given organization.

I don't mean to be pedantic but that's the basic view of Bluetooth vs WiFi. They're both great technologies and each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

And, yeh, the Controller 69 is primo, in my book.

Back