Arrrrgghhh help please!!

Can you find any hydrated lime and Epsom salts? One teaspoon per gallon of hydrated lime for Ca
One teaspoon per gallon of Epsom salt for Mg. I looked this up for you in my Ed Rosenthal book.

Edit: If you can find Calmag anywhere get that, use the above last resort.

Any Pharmacy will carry Cal/Mag tablets in their vitamin supplement department. You can take one also good for you and the plants. A little hard to dissolve shake one for about 3 minutes in a 3/4 full 2litre pop bottle and then shake it again 10 minutes later and dump it on your plant. If you are in 4 gallon pots or smaller you should get two treatments out of the bottle bigger dump it all on.
Good luck were all in this together.

The shop don't have any! Where else might I be able to get something to help her even just for now?!

Well I could not get cal/mag anywhere! Got some lime and Epsom salts, the shop has ordered canna cal and canna mag, not sure if I should get these or stick with lime and Epsom. Noticed one of the other plants has a few spots now.... I really hope they don't all die!!

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 12:06 AM ----------

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully it will get sorted!:bong:

---------- Post added 08-14-2011 at 12:08 AM ----------

Also got calcium tablets but they didn't have a mag tablets apart from ones described as "perfect to help you through that time of the month"..... So I left them!

Think I have spider mite now! Noticed some White patches on younger plant, on closer inspection small black dots around area! Do these eventually turn rust coloured? Could this have been the prob all along? Or is this just an added bonus?!

---------- Post added 08-16-2011 at 01:48 AM ----------

And how what is best to get rid of them? Neem oil?

I didn't like neem. The pits to works with.

Predator mites work good, if your lights are on more than 12 hours.

Are the dots moving around? You might need a magnifying glass to tell. If they are mites spray with insecticidal soap to kill the adults and again 3-4 days later to kill the eggs that hatch. Three treatments should take care of them. Make sure you spray both sides of the leaves. Predators also work good but I like to hit them as soon as I see any signs, so I keep the soap handy. Outdoors I spray weekly once my buds start to really grow. That's when they like to hit them.

Just bought some stuff called plant vitality plus, supposed to kill everything! Has anyone used this??

Not to hijack, but are spider mites more common in dryer climates like AZ, CA, TX, ect?

@muddy thanks for the advise, is the spray you talk of widely available in garden centres etc? The stuff I got has mixed reviews online, supposed to work but full of chemicals! Does not list any ingredients on packet.... And I've got about a week till harvest so bit worried about what I put on them!

You can usually find the Safer brand at Lowes, Home Depot or most garden stores and nurseries. It's water soluable so you can wash it off with a spray mist before you harvest. If you're that close to harvest there is really only time for one application. Usually it takes 2-3 to really kill all of them off.

Back