Grow Mediums Autopots for a mother tent

Reaction score
Hey all - first I'm a photo grower, but this site seems to have the best info on Autopots. I've just setup an 8 pot system for my main tent, and I plan on running a mother tent as well in a 4x4.
I'm thinking of using Autopots there as well as ease of automation. I assume autopots would work well for mothers as well - just need a seperate rez from the main tank of course.
If you were going to do this, (or if you have) what size pots would you run? Or would you run spring pots?
I know they will get huge in autopots, and if things got unmanageable, I could always just replace the mother with a clipping of herself.
Thanks in advance!

Would depend on how big you want to let the mother get......I'd go for the smallest pot in a single tray per mother....can always just buy the next pot size up ( think it's about 4 gal. ) if you want them to get bigger.....looking at them it seems once you go to spring pot size it's kinda hard to go back down....I run 6 of the 4 gal in my tent and have had some big ass autos in them but the root systems all are in the bottom 1/3 of the pot..

Would depend on how big you want to let the mother get......I'd go for the smallest pot in a single tray per mother....can always just buy the next pot size up ( think it's about 4 gal. ) if you want them to get bigger.....looking at them it seems once you go to spring pot size it's kinda hard to go back down....I run 6 of the 4 gal in my tent and have had some big ass autos in them but the root systems all are in the bottom 1/3 of the pot..
So for mothers, you don't need or even want them to get huge, so I think the smallest pot would be fine? I was thinking that the springpot would be helpful for longevity of the roots (air pruning), but I don't really know.
I've run fabric pots since day 1 of my auto grows, and this will be the first time going to non fabric in my 4x8 with the autopots.

Back