Best guide on "why?"

Reaction score
Hi,

New grower here and I'm looking a for a good thorough guide on autoflower growing. I'm really looking for is a guide to the "why"s of what I am doing. Like why am I using certain nutrients? Is there timing to the nutrients? What are the ins and outs of lighting? What makes autoflowering plants different than normal plants? Things like that.

Basically, I am looking for information that will help me understand why I'm doing what I am doing.

I know there are many step-by-step guides to growing and that many growers have found them useful but I have found a lot of them to be frustrating to use. It is generally difficult for to recreate a lot of the steps to many of the guides due to them being aged or difficulty in finding certain products recommended. There are also many that are great with certain aspects like nutrients or watering but very deficient in other things like lighting or ventilation. My brain just can't handle the holes in the knowledge and I get paralyzed with questions that pop up in my head. I really feel like I need to have good fundamental knowledge of growing.

Thanks

Hi,

New grower here and I'm looking a for a good thorough guide on autoflower growing. I'm really looking for is a guide to the "why"s of what I am doing. Like why am I using certain nutrients? Is there timing to the nutrients? What are the ins and outs of lighting? What makes autoflowering plants different than normal plants? Things like that.

Basically, I am looking for information that will help me understand why I'm doing what I am doing.

I know there are many step-by-step guides to growing and that many growers have found them useful but I have found a lot of them to be frustrating to use. It is generally difficult for to recreate a lot of the steps to many of the guides due to them being aged or difficulty in finding certain products recommended. There are also many that are great with certain aspects like nutrients or watering but very deficient in other things like lighting or ventilation. My brain just can't handle the holes in the knowledge and I get paralyzed with questions that pop up in my head. I really feel like I need to have good fundamental knowledge of growing.

Thanks

I guess it is not exactly what you're looking for, but have you seen this thread? ->
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/the-life-cycle-of-auto-flowering-cannabis.5113/

Look, it's not a "why"

But if you're super confused/new/scared/etc like I was, this is a really helpful thread and a guide to get going. Perfect? No. But I had my best harvest following this and totally messing up along the way. Really, read it and go from there. Do and learn. There is a ton to read but my man, I had no clue and pulled just over 3oz screwing up but following this.

Hey bud welcome, I wouldn’t say that there’s any one thread that covers what you are looking for in so much detail. But I would say is read read read and learn learn learn, I’m a new grower myself , and probably did 2 or 3 months of homework while I was setting up my kit. No matter what level of experience, everyone here is always learning. You are definitely in the right place , and I would say personally that AFN has Everything you need to get you up and running. Good luck with everything bud.

Reactions: EP3
@huskalator welcome to the family bud. There is loads of info here already and top growers who are sound as a pound and unlike most in life want to see you succeed.

Just get in about it, best way to learn is by getting your hands dirty. Learn as you go, ask loads of questions, there are no silly questions.

Good luck and let's get your party started.

EP3

Back