Best organic nutes for outdoor?

Reaction score
Hi guys, new here and just wanted to ask a quick question if anybody has any advice please? I'm just about to start 2 autos and going for outdoor UK. My medium is a mix of soil, perlite and coco. I've been looking at organic nutes and think I've overwhelmed myself to the point where I'm constantly changing my mind about which way to go so thought I would ask you guys with your experience what would be the best option. I've narrowed it down to 3. Biotabs starter kit, biobizz with fish-mix or biocanna. Any suggestions on which way to go? I like the idea of not having to PH. Also any suggestions on what supplements would be good to use such as the compost tea from biotabs or bio-heaven from biobizz. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys, new here and just wanted to ask a quick question if anybody has any advice please? I'm just about to start 2 autos and going for outdoor UK. My medium is a mix of soil, perlite and coco. I've been looking at organic nutes and think I've overwhelmed myself to the point where I'm constantly changing my mind about which way to go so thought I would ask you guys with your experience what would be the best option. I've narrowed it down to 3. Biotabs starter kit, biobizz with fish-mix or biocanna. Any suggestions on which way to go? I like the idea of not having to PH. Also any suggestions on what supplements would be good to use such as the compost tea from biotabs or bio-heaven from biobizz. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks
@Bob's Auto's is the man to go to for biotabs! He has been doing some great work with them and can point you in the right direction. Can't speak for the other two options but the biotabs seem to be the complete package and what I would use if it was available for me.

Hey @Welshbud555,

First off... :welcome: to AFN :toke:
The coolest Canna related forum you'll ever need :shooty:

As the Dankman already implied (thanks mate :cheers:) I would recommend BioTabs.
Coming from pure chemical nutrients, I was skeptical at first as I don't have a single grain of green thumb in me, but it really works and is as easy as pouring water in a kettle. The majority of the work is done before you even sow the seed and after that you only give plain unadulterated water. No pH meters or acids to mess around with anymore. Just water and when the plant(s) go into flower a PK Booster Compost Tee once every week or two, depends on how much the plant(s) are eating. Can't recommend the Booster Tee enough as it's chockful with the right bacteria to process the nutrients so they get available to the plant(s).

If you have any questions about BioTabs or anything else I can help you with. Just give a holler and tag me with the '@ UserName' (without the quotes) and I'll do my best to reply :thumbsup:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

Thank you @Dankerson appreciate the direction and thanks @Bob's Auto's for the advice and warm welcome.

I think biotabs is the option for me to go with. Is there anything different I need to do with their dosages or schedule for autos?

To get the best results I can with the mycotrex, should I start off the seeds in a jiffy plug so that I can then put the mycotrex in the planting hole of their final pot and just plant the jiffy plug into it? Do you recommend boom boom spray at all?

Thanks again for your help guys I really appreciate it. Tbh I think I may have left it a little late in the year to start outdoor even with autos but only time will tell

Whatever is available locally & cheap. Lookup the NPK & micros that your options contain & mixup a blend. I personally use a lot of composted chicken manure & ground rabbit Cocoa Puffs as a base & tweak it from there. It’s just gardening after all. Stay away from GMO stuff like cotton meal if possible.

Whatever is available locally & cheap. Lookup the NPK & micros that your options contain & mixup a blend. I personally use a lot of composted chicken manure & ground rabbit Cocoa Puffs as a base & tweak it from there. It’s just gardening after all. Stay away from GMO stuff like cotton meal if possible.
Yup, cheap forms of manure are perfectly doable! Look at @Sawney_bean's grows. He uses them all the time and look at his results!! :thumbsup:

Is there anything different I need to do with their dosages or schedule for autos?
I pushed the BioTabs down several depths. My thinking behind this was that the roots will reach the Tabs at different times and start feeding on it respectively. But I must admit that this has no scientific basis behind this...

To get the best results I can with the mycotrex, should I start off the seeds in a jiffy plug so that I can then put the mycotrex in the planting hole of their final pot and just plant the jiffy plug into it?
I always start my seeds in cotton pads. Then transfer the sprouts to plastic cups. Use a soldering iron or a lighter to burn six or so holes in the bottom corner. Fill with some sort of light mix/seedmix and plant the sprout. After ten days I select which seedling gets transferred to the final pot. While the sprouts are growing in the cups I start with the BioTabs nutrient line and do step 1 and step 4 in the preparation of the soil as dictated in the water only manual. Then set aside the soil until I need it. When you are ready to plant do step 2 and 3.

Do you recommend boom boom spray at all?
To be honest, I haven't used it enough this grow to make up my mind about it. But from what I can gather it's chockfull with ingredients that are high in plant grow stimulants and regulators, like kelp for instance...

Tbh I think I may have left it a little late in the year to start outdoor even with autos but only time will tell
You are cutting it close, but by selecting cultivars that have a short lifespan you could pull this off. I would recommend putting the plants in containers, if you are in the opportunity to bring the plants indoors during the last month they can make use of the sun during the day and the warmth and more importantly the dryness of your home. Just a thought ;)

Regards and remember to have fun!!

Bob

@MotaZona that's great I will have a look around locally and see what is about, thanks.

@Bob's Auto's thank you so much Bob you won't believe how much that has helped. I will get cracking asap. Thanks again
:goodluck: and don't forget to make a thread out of it, then we all can follow along :cheers:

@MotaZona that's great I will have a look around locally and see what is about, thanks.
For me, it’s fun scoring stuff to use. I usually buy compost since I can’t make enough for everything. I’ve been using BuildASoil’s pinto bean compost. It’s dry, dusty, & has some stones, but it’s inexpensive & the lab report is nice. I’m thinking quality compost is probably easier to acquire across the pond.
Good luck.

Back