Extraction Bubble Hash

When I got a really bad yield I read somewhere that you need to agitate for much longer than 20 minutes but I cannot find that article now? It has been quite a few years ago. Maybe that was with soak time also. Now I don't know but I know 20 minutes did not work for me.

I stopped doing the wet extraction because I kept loosing the trichomes to mold. I could not get it dry fast enough but that is a separate problem.
It may have been about rehydration before washing, that’s what i’ve failed to do when running dry/cured trim. Apparently you need to rehydrate dried material in chilled water with no agitation 30+ minutes prior to transferring to the wash bag for best quality and good yield. When running fresh frozen it’s not necessary to rehydrate.

Definitely a lot of variables that can make water hash a tricky endeavor. I've got myself a buchner funnel setup for drying next time, but waiting for cold weather. Might try dry ice in the meantime though!
I was watching some videos about the buchner funnel. That that vacuum pump can't be cheap. I saw a comment where dude said if you can't afford to buy it that alot of places rent them. I know auto zone will lend you 1. But you have to put a credit card on file . Just in case you don't come back.

I was watching some videos about the buchner funnel. That that vacuum pump can't be cheap. I saw a comment where dude said if you can't afford to buy it that alot of places rent them. I know auto zone will lend you 1. But you have to put a credit card on file . Just in case you don't come back.
175 from Amazon for everything plus another $10 for vacuum pump oil. Been in my cart for a while :crying:
Screenshot_20230619-201657.png

It's the same setup as this video :thumbsup:

Did anyone end up getting that Büchner funnel setup? I saw the same video a while back and now that it’s gonna be super chilly outside, I’m thinking of replenishing my stocks of bubble which is empty right now.

Lots of money for a simple setup that a stoner should be able to rig together from household stuff.

Lots of money for a simple setup that a stoner should be able to rig together from household stuff.
It’s certainly not cheap, but compared to those $2,500 home freeze driers, it’s not bad! I have done pretty good using a sifter/microplane, but I have only been doing small runs up until now. I figure if it works well, it’s a big time saver if I’m washing half a pound or more. Definitely interested to hear from someone who’s used one

Back