Extraction Bubble Hash

DoobieGrows

Growing the Good Shit since 2022
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Fastbuds Chemdawg
I am about to attempt making some bubble.
I have a 5 bag set I got on Amazon. I kinda have a few questions.
What should my water/ice ratio be.
How long should I stir it? I am going to have to do it by hand stirring.

I am about to attempt making some bubble.
I have a 5 bag set I got on Amazon. I kinda have a few questions.
What should my water/ice ratio be.
How long should I stir it? I am going to have to do it by hand stirring.
As much ice as you can and still stir, a couple of hours by hand. I think the dry ice method works better, at least for me.

As much ice as you can and still stir, a couple of hours by hand. I think the dry ice method works better, at least for me.
Yea I am leaning towards dry sift screens. But I already bought the bubble bags. So I will atleast attempt it once. I will be pressing the bubble into hash rosin.

A couple hours, really? Seems to me like you'd have some super green hash after that long. Most places I've read through reccommend 5-20 min per wash depending on the end goal. 5 mintues for full melt, longer for "full spectrum"

A couple hours, really? Seems to me like you'd have some super green hash after that long. Most places I've read through reccommend 5-20 min per wash depending on the end goal. 5 mintues for full melt, longer for "full spectrum"
In my personal attempts I was disappointed with a short 20 minute stirring cycle when done by hand. You really need a machine to get a good yield.

Take your 90 micron bag (or closest) put a couple of cups of broken up buds fill with dry ice you have broken into about 1 inch pieces, leaving just enough bag to grab closed (~1/3) wait a few minutes for the dry ice to freeze the bud then start shaking over a glass table. I have a big piece of plexiglass I use, I still loose some around the edges :shrug: Just shake the shit out of it until the keif stops coming out. You can use finer bags for less plant materiel. I press mine into hashish so a little plant materiel is desirable.

Take some time going through Frenchy’s website, ton of info in the Writings by Frenchy and links to all his Youtubes in the DIY sections.

Don’t use a ton of ice if doing ice water hash, just a sandwich…it’s there to keep things cold not crush everything. And larger cubes versus crushed ice, you want to gently knock off the resin heads not macerate the material with sharp ice corners.

Forgot what resource but Frenchy said it’s better to do more runs with 5-10 minutes stirring per run, versus fewer runs with longer stir times. His first wash was always the shortest, only 30 seconds using his washing machine. I do three hand washes at 5, 10, and 15 minutes, if the third wash looks like the second in yield i’ll add a fourth wash.

I’m a beginner though so I know diddly about the true art of hashish 🤷‍♂️

In my personal attempts I was disappointed with a short 20 minute stirring cycle when done by hand. You really need a machine to get a good yield.
Not a lot of personal experience here (I've only done smaller amounts of fresh frozen 4 times) but have personally gotten 3-5% yield (except for Blackstrap which didn't wash well at all) doing three washes by hand: 5, 10, and 15 mintues. I think yield has more to do with the genetics/resin type than anything else.

Not discounting your experience, but it's quite a jump from poor yield at 20 mintues to recommending 2 hours of stirring.

Not a lot of personal experience here (I've only done smaller amounts of fresh frozen 4 times) but have personally gotten 3-5% yield (except for Blackstrap which didn't wash well at all) doing three washes by hand: 5, 10, and 15 mintues. I think yield has more to do with the genetics/resin type than anything else.

Not discounting your experience, but it's quite a jump from poor yield at 20 mintues to recommending 2 hours of stirring.
When I got a really bad yield I read somewhere that you need to agitate for much longer than 20 minutes but I cannot find that article now? It has been quite a few years ago. Maybe that was with soak time also. Now I don't know but I know 20 minutes did not work for me.

I stopped doing the wet extraction because I kept loosing the trichomes to mold. I could not get it dry fast enough but that is a separate problem.

When I got a really bad yield I read somewhere that you need to agitate for much longer than 20 minutes but I cannot find that article now? It has been quite a few years ago. Maybe that was with soak time also. Now I don't know but I know 20 minutes did not work for me.

I stopped doing the wet extraction because I kept loosing the trichomes to mold. I could not get it dry fast enough but that is a separate problem.
Definitely a lot of variables that can make water hash a tricky endeavor. I've got myself a buchner funnel setup for drying next time, but waiting for cold weather. Might try dry ice in the meantime though!

Back