Bud wash worth it?

Reaction score
Hello all! I'm an outdoor grower in socal and recently discovered bud washing. Last spring/summer there were some horrible fires that left a good amount of ash on my plants and I would find the occasional bug here and there. I wanted to know if any of y'all had any experience with bud washing, if it's worth it, if there is a certain way you do it, etc. Thank you!

I remember in the late 70's we had a grow 20 ft off a dirt road. When we clipped em we just dunked the stalk in a 55 gal. rain barrel and swished a few seconds to get the dust off before hanging to dry.

Hello all! I'm an outdoor grower in socal and recently discovered bud washing. Last spring/summer there were some horrible fires that left a good amount of ash on my plants and I would find the occasional bug here and there. I wanted to know if any of y'all had any experience with bud washing, if it's worth it, if there is a certain way you do it, etc. Thank you!

heya @jack_trips and :welcome: to afn! :toke: by all meanz, a bud wash is a must-do for outdoor :thumbsup: i do a 3-bucket system with my od budz...h2o2/water in first bucket, bakin soda/lemon juice/water in #2 & plain water in #3...workz a treat! :soak: ppp

Back when everything smelled of skunk #1 we used to "water cure" to get rid of the smell. Worked great.
The bugs will leave while the plant is drying... try drying a few plants over your bed once...
When the California fires were so bad a few years back everyone washed the outdoor weed. (Am a few miles from the Napa area). If the bud smells of smoke, the wash won't get rid of it, just press it and move on.

hey @420Forever thanks for the welcome and the response! found out about this place after getting my first mephisto order, and im happy to be here. That sounds like a great set up, how much h202 do you put in the first bucket?

@Arthur i was up in the bay when those were happening. Remember walking out of my house a few days and the sky just being a blood red. Hoping this year there wont be anything too bad, but it is California. Good to know about the smoke smell

hey @420Forever thanks for the welcome and the response! found out about this place after getting my first mephisto order, and im happy to be here. That sounds like a great set up, how much h202 do you put in the first bucket?

disclaimer -> i never meazure anything...i jus stoner-eyeball it :crying: :dizzy: i basically split 1 gal o' water between 3 lil bucketz & uze probly 16 oz of h2o2 in #1 ;) ppp

I got a little bit of powdery mildew on my first outdoor grow, so I did jorge cervantes' single-bucket wash: . After seeing what that solution looked like post-wash, I'll never grow outdoors without washing them.

Good old jorge I made a thread about him not long back learnt loads from his books back in the day . Learnt something new today tho had no idea bid wash was a real thing

Back