Cal Mag Pro / MC v3 / coco / QB lights

briefbriefs

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I’m at week 8 of my first grow and it isssss a shit show lol. I will somehow manage to drag these poor ladies to the finish line but I have screwed up so many times along the way. This post is asking for help to avoid doing the same thing for my next grow.

here is my question:
I’m growing in a bag coco (biobizz coco) with autopots under a 3000/3500k LED and during this grow I suffered from severe under feeding and severe calmag issues as well as lockouts due to those two issues. How do I avoid that in the next run?

Someone on another message board helped me with my current feed (MC at 4g/gal, BE at 0.1g/gal) so I should (hope) I can get to the end currently.

For ny next run should I follow the Greenleaf Nutrients Mega Crop feed schedule as it’s posted on their site? Also should I follow their schedule of 1.5g/gal of their Cal Mag Pro as needed or should I only do half of that? I should mention I use tap water but my tap water comes in at around 73ppm.

What do y’all that grow under QBs in coco feed your plants throughout their life? I’m a total complete newbie.
Any help would be tremendously appreciated, I’m so frustrated that I can’t seem to dial this in, and so many other growers are posting amazing pics of their first grows

Here are pics of my plants from a couple of weeks ago. The one on the left is much more green now but the one on the right went suuuuper yellow until I increased the feed to its current 4g/gal. Now some leaves are still yellow but at least it’s not continuing to get worse. New growth looks a nice hue of green.

B675018E-05EC-4305-81C0-88678E617A6F.jpeg 6F71F8F8-6B67-4600-8295-89A1D9354D3D.jpeg

"I use Canna Coco bricks so my precharge to rehydrate is 2 grams Megacrop , 1 gram Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon. It will take almost 4 gallons to make up their package of 40L brick.

Then before I place germed seed into pot each pot get's 1.5L of the same nutes.
Day 5 from sprout they get 500mls same nutes
Day 10 1L same nutes
Day 15 1L same nutes and turn on airdomes if you have them
Day 20 mixed up 5 gallons of same nutes for the reservoir and turned on and final top water of about 1L each from the res to make sure the pots were evenly saturated and start drawing from the tray.
Day 30 filled reservoir with Megacrop 3 grams, 1.2 grams Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Day 40 @ 4g Megacrop and 1.2g Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon can start adding BE @ 1 grams per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Day 50 @ 4g Megacrop and 1.2g Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon, BE @ 1.2-2 grams per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Same till the end of grow or can drop Megacrop to 3 grams per gallon final 2-3 weeks."

So I wish I knew who I stole this from because it was a member of this forum buried in one of these posts. It has worked pretty much bang on for me. I have exact gram weights for 1L vs 1.5L in my written book but that is at my grow site and not on hand anymore :(. I have also moved over to MC 2-Part but I still keep it respectively the same.

"I use Canna Coco bricks so my precharge to rehydrate is 2 grams Megacrop , 1 gram Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon. It will take almost 4 gallons to make up their package of 40L brick.

Day 10 1L same nutes
Day 20 mixed up 5 gallons of same nutes for the reservoir and turned on and final top water of about 1L each from the res to make sure the pots were evenly saturated and start drawing from the tray.
Day 30 filled reservoir with Megacrop 3 grams, 1.2 grams Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Day 40 @ 4g Megacrop and 1.2g Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon can start adding BE @ 1 grams per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Day 50 @ 4g Megacrop and 1.2g Sweet Candy, 1.5g Calmag per gallon, BE @ 1.2-2 grams per gallon, 1ml DripClean per 10 Liters
Same till the end of grow or can drop Megacrop to 3 grams per gallon final 2-3 weeks."

So I wish I knew who I stole this from because it was a member of this forum buried in one of these posts. It has worked pretty much bang on for me. I have exact gram weights for 1L vs 1.5L in my written book but that is at my grow site and not on hand anymore :(. I have also moved over to MC 2-Part but I still keep it respectively the same.

dang this is super helpful!! Thank you!! I may as well give this a shot lol. In your experience, what’s the usefulness of Sweet Candy in your grow? (I have a bag I’ve just never used it)

I don't use my sweet candy because I have the old one that did not have humics/fulvics and kelp in it. However, I do use humics/fulvics and kelp separately with BioAg Ful-Power and GLN Kelp Extract. In hydro, I find that adding these things really does make one of the biggest differences. I get a great, healthy pH swing when added and I have to add a bit of pH down if not. The plants seem to be much healthier and able to take more light with the fulvics/kelp. HOWEVER, if you don't have them do not even worry a bit. We are talking about simply maximizing for every variable possible and it isn't entirely necessary/always worth the RoI.

Edit: I see you have it, I would just start tossing it in from day 1 and I think it will give you a stronger/better root system basically.

Last edited:
I don't use my sweet candy because I have the old one that did not have humics/fulvics and kelp in it. However, I do use humics/fulvics and kelp separately with BioAg Ful-Power and GLN Kelp Extract. In hydro, I find that adding these things really does make one of the biggest differences. I get a great, healthy pH swing when added and I have to add a bit of pH down if not. The plants seem to be much healthier and able to take more light with the fulvics/kelp. HOWEVER, if you don't have them do not even worry a bit. We are talking about simply maximizing for every variable possible and it isn't entirely necessary/always worth the RoI.

Edit: I see you have it, I would just start tossing it in from day 1 and I think it will give you a stronger/better root system basically.

Ah, got it! yeah i just checked and mine has the humics/fulvics/kelp. Ill give it a shot! Thank you for your guidance!

Did you buffer your bricks? Used canna bricks myself and it said it was buffered. Not close to well enough for ro water

I use tap water but if I used RO I would have absolutely buffered the hell out of the cal mag since each watering with RO is going to basically pull more out would be my thought.

Day 10 1L same nutes

Sounds like Hansbrick method :biggrin:

Back