Can I take clones from this plant

@Budgie45 from my understanding people who clone auto's is for breeding purposes. Im not sure but I think the plant will be significantly smaller (for breeding it sounds good but for yield its gonna be useless for me)
That’s what I’m using the clones for breeding

That looks like its big enough to cut tha lowers right against the stem. U can spray them soon as u see pistils and take the cut but it might stress it some while its trying to root. The strong ones pull thru. Take a few of them to cross if u are selfing.

you can clone pretty much anytime, that said i'd wait 5 weeks from seed.
you should be able to feel the branches and feel how soft the tissue of the branches are and decide. you want the stronger feeling ones or risk branches inner walls still being hollow and get all mushy, fall-over, and wilt.
my experience is in cloning photo plants and i have never cloned an auto.

Has it shown sex? You'll want to take cuts from the lowest (oldest) branches before they show sex if you plan to reverse the clone.

Can you clarify on that? I just recently took some bottom branch clones off x2 29 day old autoflower plants. One was showing pistol hairs only at the top nodal growth, so the lower branches are much smaller and have not shown any preflowers. The other one had started to develop more pistols at the top cola and there are like 1 cm super tiny pistols at nodes of the branches I cut off.
This is my first try at autos and im trying to produce seeds from these lower branches that I am trying to clone. Would it be ok to start apply collodial silver to the clones with the tiny pistol hairs or should I wait till they root first? I started to apply CS last night to the one close that had the larger pistol hairs just to see if I can get the female pollen sacks to ripen just in time to pollinate the other clone which will hopefully be within the timeframe for pollinating.

Back