cooking soil??

sewerdweller

USMC SFMF
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Reefer
My question is..is it necessary when mixing a batch of soil to have it in the sun. I dont have a good spot outdoors to let it sit. But i could mix it in a large tote in basement and cover it and let it do its thing. If anyone with experience would let know ild be very appreciative

I do it indoors at room temperature. It "Cooks" on its own ,as microbes break down organic matter . Keeps stray bugs out too . Warmer may be better and work faster Like a garage or even the trunk of a car if space is scarce.

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys i know it was a noob question but for the life of me couldnt find an answer. But it did lead me to some incredible threads and post. Some of the members here at afn are straight up scientist. The amount of knowledge i was exposed to here in organic sections was incredible. Up until a few weeks ago it was just some dirt. I wont pretend i was able to fully comprehend any of info that i read but it did broaden my way of thinking about soil and the amendments one can add to it. I got plenty to read and re-read. So to all you professors of soils thanks for the time and research. Please continue to post your knowledge for us uneducated fools.

Last edited:
Back