cracks in stem????

If its like with most things its caused by excessive moisture followed by high heat and rapid drying. put some plant or tree wound dressing on it. Wrap it lightly with guaze. And use sand to control the gnats rather than the perlite. Hope that helps.

it looks like the outer layer of the stem is peeling off. Did I wait too long or would you still recomend putting the dressing on. I have a humidity and thermometer gauge that keeps track of daily highs and lows. 43 to 60 humidity 70 to 81 temp so I dont think its from high heat. And my pots take a good 4 days to dry out.

If its like with most things its caused by excessive moisture followed by high heat and rapid drying. put some plant or tree wound dressing on it. Wrap it lightly with guaze. And use sand to control the gnats rather than the perlite. Hope that helps.
Ps if you can't find the wound dressing just use some fingernail polish or hardener over top the gauze. But just like anything it WILL heal itself

Sorry for the double post something messed up. if its just the outer bark peeling I wouldn't worry too much. Your safe in wrapping it and using the dressing. I'm thinking it might be the 2" of perlite. Just a guess

ok so I just talked to my chick and she said that she was bending that one back and forth because she heard it helps to strenghten the stem. Idiot. If anything it stunted it. I think im gonna give it another week and see what happens. Hopefully ur right about just the outside peeling off not being that bad. It never ends though. Now she has a single leaf with brown edges and some of the new growth is coming in light green starting from the stem out not the edges in. this plants a picky little beeach. Any ideas would be awesome. If she continues on like this I might adopt her out and plant another one....

ok so I just talked to my chick and she said that she was bending that one back and forth because she heard it helps to strenghten the stem. Idiot. If anything it stunted it. I think im gonna give it another week and see what happens. Hopefully ur right about just the outside peeling off not being that bad. It never ends though. Now she has a single leaf with brown edges and some of the new growth is coming in light green starting from the stem out not the edges in. this plants a picky little beeach. Any ideas would be awesome. If she continues on like this I might adopt her out and plant another one....
Well your chick is right but tell her the fan does that.lol you don't have kids with this barbarian mj grower do ya? Any way back to the little green bitch depending on where the brown spots are pretty much tells you what your problem is. Compare what you have to the deficiency chart and If pi still can't figure it out post a picture. my assumption is that its just all around hungry. Mag or calcium deficiency possibility of oncoming nitrogen deficiency. Ill double check all your posts again and see of we can pinpoint why this particular plant is being a pain in the arse.

yup... sounds like it needs flower nutes mate... bending the stem doesn really hurt it... breaking it on th other will... use some flower nutes and if you can check your ph

my signature has the deficiencies list in it. check that to get a better understanding..

heres a couple ph charts:

ph vs uptake.gifph vs uptake 2.jpg

My ph is exactly seven. On the defeciency list it did say the syptoms could be from a nute thats gets locked out above 6.5. But I dont have a way to bring it down. all the hydro stores around me closed. Im gonna make a mission to one soon. I did read sumwhere that contact from the air can bring the ph of water down. I have a air pump in my water. Does anybody know if this is true or not. I already added tomato food about a week ago. I dont want to add anymore right now.

ok then... dont add any more nutes... you can use white vinegar to ph buffer your water... bubbling for 24 hours before watering increases O2 uptake drastically!!!... yes ideally you wanna be 6.3-6.5 in soil and around 5.8-5.9 in hydro. if you can pull it down to 6.6 thatd be good... try making up water at 5.5 for the next few waterings and see if you soil ph drops and they start feeding again. Another thing you can do is pick up some microbrew (mad by Kangaroots aka Fox farms)... this is micro fungi... they help buffer between the roots and soil... and will drastically improve root growth and consequently plant health!

hope this helps mate

JM

good save John.
Another thing you might try to implement on your next grow is fulvic acid it works to eliminate lockout. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY THEN READ THEM AGAIN. You have not witnessed burn until you screw up with the stuff. Also John told you what to use to bring your ph down. You can use baking soda to bring it up.

good save John.
Another thing you might try to implement on your next grow is fulvic acid it works to eliminate lockout. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY THEN READ THEM AGAIN. You have not witnessed burn until you screw up with the stuff. Also John told you what to use to bring your ph down. You can use baking soda to bring it up.

Back