Deficiency? Big Auto Needs Some Help!

Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals,

Hoping for some help here... A few leaves are starting to look like this and doesn't seem to be localized or a pest issue. Have checked with a loupe etc.

IMG_20200105_191650.jpg

I have a big girl that seems to need something more but I am not.completely sure what.

This is an OG Kush from Fastbuds that has proven to be anything but fast. She is at 8 weeks and only been flowering for a couple weeks now.

IMG_20200101_073814.jpg
IMG_20200101_073822.jpg

Feeding General Hydroponics using the below schedule and currently at the mid bloom stage on the schedule. 6.1 to 6.2 PH'd RO water to runoff each feeding.

received_377277083222402.jpeg

I had been feeding 60% through much of the veg after seeing her get really dark green and having the delayed flowering thinking I was overfeeding at 100%.

Things seemed to get better but I might have been underfeeding once flowering started. I slowly upped the flowering nutes to 80% for awhile during the early bloom and finished with 90%.

Then switching to mid bloom I have fed 4 days now at 80%, and now upped it to full strength and a little extra calmag thinking either calmag or possibly potassium deficiency.

Would love to hear thoughts.

Thanks!

Little more info...

HLG 135 at 22 inches from the canopy in a 20x36 tent with full ventilation outdoors pulling in cool air from my back room.

Temps are 75 to 77 usually at the canopy and a little cooler below at the floor with fans above and below.

Humidity hovers between 45 to 55 but trying to keep.on the lower end now that she is flowering.

Hope that helps...

Thanks Again!

If your troubles started after increasing fertilizer, I think you're overfeeding.
Using more than 50% nutes is very risky.

If your troubles started after increasing fertilizer, I think you're overfeeding.
Using more than 50% nutes is very risky.

At 60% she was looking very light green all over especially new growth, but you may be right.

My last fastberry I fed this schedule at 100 percent though and while I do think she was overfed I didn't have these issues.

Anything is possible including light bleaching of top leaves.
I dare not use manufacturer's light distances or problems result.

Anyone else?

Flushed with PH'd water and fed 100% thinking it might be a lockout issue, or feeding at too low a PH previously at closer to 6-6.1.

Again thinking some kind of deficiency still as leaves are not dark and clawing or anything of the sorts.

Thoughts?

There are a lot of variables here.. Did you check the ppm of the run off as you flushed? The ppm of the run off will provide a good indication if there is a lock out.. Are you feeding with every watering? If so, you're probably dealing with a lock out of nutrients. An excess of one nutrient can lock out multiple other nutrients. If there is a lock out, feeding at full strength is the opposite of what you want to do. You flush with water only, then give the plant a day or two to recover and respond. Then feed or not feed (at half strength) based on what you see happening. The spotting on t leaves looks like a magnesium or manganese issue.

Magnesium issues start at the bottom of the plant on older leaves. Manganese issues start at the top of the plant and on new growth..

Back