Did a beaver do this? Is it going to die?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Non Smoker
So this is something I've never seen before but figure one of ya'll knows what's going on with this stalk. The only pests I have currently are mostly under control fungus gnats. I see one here and there. I'm including a photo of the plant and a close-up of the base of the stalk where I spotted the damage. If it's something contagious I'd like to get the plant out of there ASAP. If it's going to die I'd just as soon burn it rather keep feeding it and paying to keep a light over it. What do you guys/gals think?
View media item 24182
View media item 24181

So this is something I've never seen before but figure one of ya'll knows what's going on with this stalk. The only pests I have currently are mostly under control fungus gnats. I see one here and there. I'm including a photo of the plant and a close-up of the base of the stalk where I spotted the damage. If it's something contagious I'd like to get the plant out of there ASAP. If it's going to die I'd just as soon burn it rather keep feeding it and paying to keep a light over it. What do you guys/gals think?
View media item 24182
View media item 24181
Hello i would say she is fckd i havent a clue looks like what a slug would do tho

Holy crap dude ! I've never seen slug damage so couldn't say on that. I was gifted starts weeks ago that I thought were absolutely lousy with fungus gnats. I treated for them and the plants didn't die so to me, all good. But I have to wonder if those gnat larvae are responsible. Only thing I can think of to do if it were mine is baste that damage with wet clay and wrap it with tape, and make sure it's well supported. that's an awful thing to have happen hurts to look at it. best of luck.

Someone sent me a PM and said they thought it was Pythium which I'll have to research.

Back