DIY Cardboard Drying Box ?

OldSchool718

Pot Head
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey Guys ,
thinking about using a cardboard box for drying,
Where should I place the exhaust fan Top or bottom ?
Looking for some ideas feel free to post your diy cardboard dry box pics.

I sometimes do it in a box with either cables or some sort of item to keep em hanging. I'm currently drying 2 tiny plants and didn't want to set up the 2.3x2.3ft tent to dry. So the box is sitting inside the tent I'm growing in. But if I'm doing good size plants I dry in a tent.

I have used this method myself in the past. I works just fine.

ScreenHunter_311 Dec. 09 16.07.jpg

I have used this method myself in the past. I works just fine.

View attachment 1356974
Thanks Man O Green
Intake on top exhaust on the bottom, simple enough.
Since I don't have a tent how strong is the smell with the open exhaust ?

Went To Home Depot in the morning, Total was 34.00 picked up a Box , a 9in desk Fan and a Temp & Humidity Monitor.
I already had bungee cord and 30 in wooden smores skewer Still monitoring the temp and humidity in the box with just the
handle opening up top as fresh air intake, gonna cut another and leave a flap. let me know what you guys think , any suggestions ?

Last edited:
Too big of a fan!

doing some testing with fan speed settling on 70 degrees / 21 celsius the humidity is @ 48 Percent
Just bumped the fan speed up to 2 , see if i could drop the temp down to 68 degrees and matain
Too big of a fan!
originally went to purchase the 5.5 inch fan it was sold out.
I felt it is was knid of bIg ( 9 inch) it has 3 speeds Thats why i put it on the outside the hole is 5 inches on the inside,
speed 1 kind of calm holding 68 to 70 degrees / 48 percent humidity gonna run it over night see what numbers i have in the morning !

Last edited:
doing some testing with fan speed settling on 70 degrees / 21 celsius the humidity is @ 48 Percent
Just bumped the fan speed up to 2 , see if i could drop the temp down to 68 degrees and matain

originally went to purchase the 5.5 inch fan it was sold out.
I felt it is was knid of bIg ( 9 inch) it has 3 speeds Thats why i put it on the outside the hole is 5 inches on the inside,
speed 1 kind of calm holding 68 to 70 degrees / 48 percent humidity gonna run it over night see what numbers i have in the morning !
The humidity is too low.
The fan is for air exchange. NOT for temp control as in a tent...........there is no heat input to cool! LOL!

The humidity is too low.
The fan is for air exchange. NOT for temp control as in a tent...........there is no heat input to cool! LOL!
OK i'm gonna make some adjustments ,
didn't realize it was so funny I'm just a newb learning the ropes its my first grow and i'm excited glad your laughing !

Back