Do you PH adjust with Mega Crop?

What I'm trying to figure out is if these nutrients are "ph perfect" like AN or if its mandatory I adjust like most nutrient lines.
My tap water is often over pH9 and the Sensei Bloom by AN definitely need pH down adjustment though the Grow didn't. I'm going to sample some river water, buy a water butt to collect rain. I'm switching mid grow from AN to Megacrop and I expect pH adjustment. If your source water has a pH like mine I'm not sure any nutrient would be able to produce a perfect feed. I've grown skinny poor buds for 7 heartbreaking months as I believed you didn't have to pH tap water. Then I ph'd the water but not the AN kit. And now I have to pH everything. I hope your waters better then mine bro - good luck.

Few drops of white vinegar per quart in the water. LOL. City says that my water is 8.0 at the treatment plant.

I never tested much as I like to keep it simple, however, any solution that my coco/perlite plants got I made sure was at least 6.0 going in :)

When using 1- and 2-part MegaCrop, I never tested or adjusted pH, using mid-Atlantic East coast river derived water in range of 225-240 ppm, pH about 7.2-7.4 in coco/perlite (but I am a poor role model for this).

MegaCrop is very tolerant of starting water pH, can deal with a fair amount of variation from optimal. But even if highly buffered, it wouldn't be AN-type "pH Perfect" which primarily involves better chelated nutes inherently working/being taken up by the plant over a much wider range of pH, not buffering. [The high quality amino acid chelated nutes in MC may actually do this more than most other nutes, so in that respect MC is essentially more "pH Perfect-like" than most nutes]. The AN "pH Perfect" nutes have some buffers, but these are not the primary mechanism allowing largely ignoring source water pH.

Last edited:
My water is about 7 pH out of the tap. If I mix at around 3.5-4 g/gal of MC 1-part v2 it brings it down to about 6.3.

I’ve played with varying levels of PHing with Pro-mix HP which is peat. Ranging from 5.8-6, 6-6.2, or not at all. I’m still uncertain as I’ve had varied results on all of them as I can’t seem to nail down the level of nutrients for the transition to flowering. This has been mostly in a tent, but my current grow is outside and I have been doing zero pHing. I’ve been feeding every second watering and sometimes there has been rainfall between and it’s been the healthiest plant I’ve had in a long time. Fans are starting to go a bit yellow now so I could have probably gone up in feed strength.
6D2FCBAB-9265-4F4F-860E-490EF206AD37.jpeg

Back