Droopy plant not from over/underwatering

I would repot her. In a fabric pot it is pretty easy. You can cut the pot lengthwise from top to bottom, and peel it off without disturbing the roots too much. Put it in a bigger pot with soil that has good drainage and perlite. Also, cant' really tell by the photos, but make sure that she is not sitting directly on the ground and/or in water. A saucer and pot elevator is what I would use. If you don't have a pot elevator. Put a smaller saucer inside a larger saucer, with the smaller saucer upside down so it acts as an elevator. Make sure that you are only watering when the pot feels light vs heavy when you have just watered. Good luck.

Thank you, I will do as you say. Would you suggest waiting a bit to let her dry? She's pretty soaked still from the watering I did this morning.

Good news everyone, this morning I woke up to a nice surprise.
My plant is perking back up and has grown 3CM (growth was stopped during the last days when she was droopy).

See picture of yesterday compared to today.

So after the watering a lot yesterday I noticed that, when ruffling up some of the top soil and feeling through the hole I made at the bottom, most of the soil was still dry. So I think you can say that the soil was getting hydrophobic probably mainly caused by watering too little at a time which causes the water to drain via the exact same path every time.

What I ended up doing yesterday was submerging the fabric pot in a bucket of water for 5 minutes, the soil soaked up at least 3l of water!
The pot is now very heavy so I hope I don't get root rot & other issues.

Anyhow I hope she keeps on recovering and I'll just start watering her with a lot of water every time the top inches of the soil are dry.

Attachments

• IMG_20220511_101814.jpg
    IMG_20220511_101814.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20220512_081743.jpg
    IMG_20220512_081743.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29
Fabric pots will dry out pretty quick. When I ran them I'd cart everyone into the shower, place em in trays and water from the bottom once a week to get any dried out spots.

Fabric pots will dry out pretty quick. When I ran them I'd cart everyone into the shower, place em in trays and water from the bottom once a week to get any dried out spots.
This is true especially outside. Last time I grew photos outdoors last year, I was carting 5 gallon buckets of water back and forth too many times.

Good news everyone, this morning I woke up to a nice surprise.
My plant is perking back up and has grown 3CM (growth was stopped during the last days when she was droopy).

See picture of yesterday compared to today.

So after the watering a lot yesterday I noticed that, when ruffling up some of the top soil and feeling through the hole I made at the bottom, most of the soil was still dry. So I think you can say that the soil was getting hydrophobic probably mainly caused by watering too little at a time which causes the water to drain via the exact same path every time.

What I ended up doing yesterday was submerging the fabric pot in a bucket of water for 5 minutes, the soil soaked up at least 3l of water!
The pot is now very heavy so I hope I don't get root rot & other issues.

Anyhow I hope she keeps on recovering and I'll just start watering her with a lot of water every time the top inches of the soil are dry.

Glad you got it sorted.

Glad you got it sorted.

Unfortunately ..
So she perked back up and grew well for about 2 days, yesterday evening though I got home and she was all droopy again.
The pot was still quite heavy but top layer seemed to be dry. I gave quite a lot of water (it took a lot to get runoff so it seems like now the soil soaks up water pretty well other than before) but this morning she's still droopy...
So definitely still doing sth wrong

Back