Droopy plants

Cookiemonster69

It's all in the wrist ;')
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
I don't smoke!!!
Hi everyone,

Presenting one of my good friends autoflower plant, moby dick by barneys farm.

Its all been going good till week 5, pre flower stage.

I do know here and there the leaves erect and droop, erect and droop everytime the lights come on and off. But recently this plant has been drooping a lot. It does erect a LITTLE BIT, but then goes onto full flop mode. Weve flushed it twice already. Always watering till run off, and only when soil is somewhat dry. I have considered the fact that it may have been over watered, but we only watered when soil was dry, around once every 3 days. No yellow leaves or any visible leaf burning or anything, just soft droopy leaves.

Its in soil, no nutes been given as of yet, were supposed to be giving it flowering nutes, but delaying it due to the droopiness. Waiting for it to recover. But still droopy, so we are now considering to start its flowering nutes.

I wanted to add we are giving the same watering to the second plant which looks somewhat healthy and normal.

Any advice?
IMG_2268.png

Hi everyone,

Presenting one of my good friends autoflower plant, moby dick by barneys farm.

Its all been going good till week 5, pre flower stage.

I do know here and there the leaves erect and droop, erect and droop everytime the lights come on and off. But recently this plant has been drooping a lot. It does erect a LITTLE BIT, but then goes onto full flop mode. Weve flushed it twice already. Always watering till run off, and only when soil is somewhat dry. I have considered the fact that it may have been over watered, but we only watered when soil was dry, around once every 3 days. No yellow leaves or any visible leaf burning or anything, just soft droopy leaves.

Its in soil, no nutes been given as of yet, were supposed to be giving it flowering nutes, but delaying it due to the droopiness. Waiting for it to recover. But still droopy, so we are now considering to start its flowering nutes.

I wanted to add we are giving the same watering to the second plant which looks somewhat healthy and normal.

Any advice?
View attachment 1655790
My guess is the plants are hungry. I forget which but certain nutrients help mantain an internal pressure to keep the plant rigid and standing. Its green which means it probably has enough N and K but Im guessing its lacking a little Phosphorus and secondary nutes. Try giving it a light feed and see if they bounce back. If its flowering autos usually take a 600-650ppm feed I would half or even quarter it and see what happens. Otherwise its environmental or pest related but Im guessing you would see that. Or it could just not be getting enough light for all its chemical processes. Whats the dli these girls are getting?

Its pretty hard to over water in decent grow bags as well. I forgot to add that before but the plants can take a lot of water if everything else is in check. Im watering 1.5 gallons almost daily. Go down an environmental checklist and make sure you are good there, good temp and humidity. Point your fans towards the walls if they dont oscillate, do this for both light on and off cycles, see if the humidity spikes at night. That can cause plants to stop drinking in severe cases which will cause droopiness too.

I meant to ask what medium its in? Because for heavily amended bags of soil 5-6 weeks is as long as I'll go without feeding. I grow in fox farm happy frog which really only lasts about a month without any food at all.

Last edited:
Plant looks thristy to me I believe droopyness goes along with VPD, lighting, and or watering.

How much light is she getting? what's the temp and rh? how much and how often are you watering?

Last edited:
:yeahthat:
I’m wondering why the leaves are so heavily serrated…? Could be just genetics, but could be signs of something else…..

Me too that caught my eye as well think that happens from too much heat and being dry or maybe too much wind

if you have been watering once every 3 days, and then watering to run off you may have left dry pockets in the bag.

imhe grow bags have a tendency to run-off before the soil has had a chance to soak up the water, you know, because its a fabric bag and not water tight.

You might check the bag by lifting it, that should indicate if its still dry or overly wet after watering, if it feels light or heavy,gain experience by comparing to another bag.
Slow watering eases the fast run off experience, a bit at a time let it soak in then again, until run off occurs, checking the weight after each application adds to the experience and education 1 liter of water is a kilo in weight.

i would also be aware of wind burn.

I hesitate to add to this, but I have noticed that some strains are just droopy, at least they are when I grow them. As long as the plants look otherwise healthy, I would be careful trying to fix this. Anything you try will need a couple days to see how the plant responds. If you try too many things at a time, it gets a tad complicated. Good luck with it. :pighug: :shrug:

Back