Photoperiod Drying your harvest underwater, Does it work as well as I've read?

icmoon

Finding a Replacement for the painkillers we use
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Don't smoke.......First grow = Burple bud Fem and Super Skunk auto
Hi all.
I've just read about 'drying' your harvest underwaterfor 7 days minimum to flush out the crap and then quick dry after the 7 days.

Has anyone tried this and does it work? It would suit me down to the ground because I don't really have anywhere to hang my plants but I do have a load of fishtanks big and small as that used to be my 'hobby'.

I read that is was an old method but I don't care if it's old or not, just if it works...............Any idea guys?

With respect.......Always

Cmoon.

Are you talking about water curing? Were you soak the buds, changing the water every day for about a week and then quick dry? It works, but ruins any smell or taste. Not at all what we work so hard for. Makes a decent stealth weed, but that water reaks by the end, you ain't really getting away from a smell issue.

Yes mate, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't smoke and my main reason for doing this is for pain control with some kind of high to go with it. When you say 'stealth weed', would this mean that PC plod would have a harder time detecting it? That would be a major plus for me I think.

Never tried it, but most folks I've heard of doing a water cure are using the method to intentionally remove the plant tastes before they use it to make infused butter or oil for edibles. From what I remember it usually involves regular water changes, so I would think a lot of the smell if there is any would go down the drain with every change and get less and less over time with each new batch of water to soak in (just speculating, though).

Yeah, virtually oderless. There's several tutorials online if you Google water cure cannabis.

Never tried it, but most folks I've heard of doing a water cure are using the method to intentionally remove the plant tastes before they use it to make infused butter or oil for edibles. From what I remember it usually involves regular water changes, so I would think a lot of the smell if there is any would go down the drain with every change and get less and less over time with each new batch of water to soak in (just speculating, though).

Cheers Ozone,

this could be just what I'm after as I don't/can't smoke anymore and to be honest I've made one batch of canna butter & it tasted like I was sucking on an old ashtray!, not nice at all. I will do some more reading as Arthur (above) suggested. I don't want to take out any of the effects of my weed or reduce them in any way. On the one hand, common sense says I'm watering it down but hey, I've learned an awful lot on this first grow but am still at the bottom rung of the ladder.

Thanks for your input I appreciate it.

Cmoon.

Back