Indoor DTOM's MAC V2 tester run

Sorry I haven’t updated in a while. I’ve been neglecting my grows for the past few days - my mom passed away yesterday. Her nursing home called that they had found a case of Covid in the facility 1.5 days before - shortly before I made my last post. I finally drug myself to the garden tonight because I knew they’d be super thirsty.

anyway, I got 3 more LST’d tonight, which means I have 2 more left to work on. No other plants have indicated sex yet.

#2 - Before and after LST -One of the top 2 branches started to break off at the node/knuckle, so I left it alone for now.
42AD6A47-CD04-477C-8DE6-742E33B9536A.jpeg

EDD04DEE-567E-47EF-A243-4F201EBB4777.jpeg

#9 - Before and after LST
6CDBE656-8C2F-4820-BE41-9CC08592863B.jpeg

DBCE89FB-D9DE-4E93-936A-8B7FA2D0A562.jpeg

#4 - Before and after LST - this one has so many branches that I ran out of room tying them down to the lip of the 6” pot, that I started bending the the main stem over at the top. I think I’d did a FIM instead of a proper topping and that’s what accounts for so many branches right up at the top
32CB7C60-5A95-4C45-B7C3-65FBBBD866D3.jpeg

B64E4CB0-7C2F-41D1-BDC1-7E96167E2F84.jpeg

View attachment 115480

Please excuse me if my updates are a little sporadic for the next week or so - it’s a trying time for me and my family. This was unexpected and there’s SO much to do to get my mom’s affairs in order. On top of that, my father in law is fighting a very aggressive cancer that suddenly popped up and it’s tearing my wife’s family apart. Sheesh, when it rains it friggin pours! I’ll get on here as often as I can.

Day 37 Update:

Got the remaining plants cleaned up and tied down. Except for some bamboo I’ll use later to help spread all the branches out later on, I’m about done with training. I usually will do a little topping here and there, to help keep the canopy height as uniform as possible; but I’ve heard some people say the MAC doesn’t care for it much. So, I’m going to try not to resort to topping. If I do, I have to do it to all of them to do a proper evaluation. My timing is a little off since my flower tent is still at least 4 weeks from harvest. I may be forced to do a round of topping just to keep these testers manageable, in terms of size and height. I could initiate flower in the veg tent, if I was forced to, but I’d hate to if I can avoid it. Since most of these plants aren’t showing sex (as I’d been warned) I may have to snip off 2 branches instead of 1, from each plant, so I can use one to clone and 1 to flip to determine sex.

Question: What are your thoughts on using a clone to determine sex (put an established clone in the flower tent) and then re-vegging the clone to make it into a mother? Or, would it be better to have 2 clones from each plant - 1 strictly for sexing and the other kept in veg as a mother?

Anyway, here’s #8 - formerly known as “Runty!” Lol!, Before and after a haircut and some LST. It’s really catching up with the others and displaying relatively good vigor. I’m really liking the structure. Time will tell but it would be ironic if the one nicknamed “Runty” ended up being a winner! Haha!
933F25CF-F221-46A5-A502-70123018C713.jpeg

5BA52787-7C87-45C6-8A4C-3BEC54D4426D.jpeg

#12 - Before and after - it has some terrifically even internode spacing.
EB0E4669-B2B8-451E-AEA0-AB621FEE162A.jpeg

5FED1D10-BFE9-4AB3-94F2-CF611EADC05E.jpeg
View attachment 116141
I just love these big, beautiful and healthy fan leaves the MAC produces! So shiny, lustrous and happy looking!
B306B5F7-E143-4B4B-9FFD-8BD1130DDA3A.jpeg

Here’s #7, the Male, that’s looking good. I did top the 2 top branches tonight because I need to keep the height down and I’m not as worried about the possible slowing effect
View attachment 116142
EA9AD8FD-92EB-4809-9B97-EE5B7EED2647.jpeg

Plants are doing well but they’re really in need of a transplant. I’d been hoping that they would show their sex by now but only #7 showed himself to be a male and #2 just showed her first pistils. So, I still need to sex 7 of them. Tonight I took cuttings from 5 plants and put them in my new aerocloner so that I can sex them. I ran out of time and will take cuts from the other two plants tomorrow. I don’t like cutting these main branches for clones but my space is limited so I need to know what I have ASAP - to make definitive plans for the rest of the grow. How many females I have will determine what size pots I’m going to use for their final pots. Sure would be awesome if I got 5 females to play with but I’ll be happy if I get at least 4.

Sorry no pix this time.

Back