Live Stoners Dude Grows Cup report - Ft. Collins CO - July 30, 2022

CannabisMingus

"Russian warship, go F yourself"
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dabbing Sour Stomper
A quick report about the event. We met up with my friends from CA and had a great time. It was a small event (200-300?) which was fantastic. Could have used a bit more shade and some live music, but overall we had a great time.

The vendors were cool (had some lengthy and interesting discussions with Span Lion Genetics, Rosin Bomb, and Grower's Soil). I scored some Grizzly Breath (3BOG x Lamb's Breath) plus some NO SSB3, NO Blue Sprayed Shoes Remix, and some cool freebies like a Triple Platinum Cookies x OG Auto by Locomotive Medical, and tons of schwag.

20220802_095941.jpg

The judging format was badass. Every ticket holder had the opportunity to sample each entry (68?) and was given a one-hitter, a lighter, and three disks to vote. There were 4 stations set up with volunteer budtenders, so it was no problem sampling. You could smell the jar, look at the bud, and then ask for a sample. I had a "system" where I would go to one of the four stations, hang out, look at the bud, hear other's feedback, and then ask for a few samples. I then narrowed down to my top 3 at each station. Next, with my final 12 I re-sampled and narrowed down to the top three.
That was the plan anyway. By station 3 I was pretty baked, so it had ceased to be a "system" and was more of a "go with the flow" and "follow your intuition." :doh: In any event, I must have kept it together enough to get something right as the ultimate winner (No. 60 - Emergenc-Y) was one of my 3 votes. It was also voted by my 4 companions but independently. I neither saw nor tasted any mids. It was all premium headstash, some of which was very fine indeed. Very chill, relaxed event. Plenty of free cold water and soft drinks, good food truck, very nice crowd. It was in a field nested between some hills. Shuttle service was great.

It was also my first time to actually spend some time in Ft Collins. It was fantastic - great little city. Beautiful in trees, landscaping, parks, preserved residential architecture. Lovely weather. Very cool restaurants, bars, cafes, etc - definitely a college town but I dig that vibe. Looking forward to spending more time there.

Recommended if you like small, chill cannabis events where you get to sample many cultivars and talk with the people that grew them. Peace.

Back