Dutch Passion Durban Poison Photoperiod Outdoor Grow + Med Smoke Report

G.Leave

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Durban Poison photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 4.5 feet

Circumferance: 28 feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st, then declining losing 2-3 minutes per day.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 5th)

Dry Yield: 46oz

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 8/10 Very few mold specs. We had an off year this season with virtually no rain until preflower and then the weather turned into a wet season for the majority of flower(pain in the ass season), so many branches were very hard to keep upright, so i just gave up. Several branches were stacked like firewood, but yet i only found a couple of very minor mold specks...lost virtually nothing.

Insect Resistance 9/10 Very few bug bites on the durban vs other strains. It seems like the leafhoppers and whiteflies dont like the taste of the Poison. ;)

Bud to leaf ratio 8/10 Really a decent bud to leaf ratio.

Bud Density 7/10 Nice solid density. Not the hardest nugs of the season, but totally acceptable density.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life.

Tolerance to Wind 8/10 Nice strong main trunk, with smooth branch to trunk transitions. Fibrous branches withstood 60kph winds with a single main branch folding and breaking the tip off (a testament of just how windy it gets every season).

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the Durban POison. Also saw several frosts at the end of flower, and took them very well.

Trichome Production 7/10 Very good crystal formation. Takes a bit to get going, but the last half of flower she packs it on.

Ease of Training 7/10 A decent plant for LST. Branches are fibrous, but yet flexible...if i would have spent more time managing canopy with this plant i would have gotten an even better yield.

Scent Strength 8/10 When growing it smelt of a strong fruity smell, but i couldnt pin what kind of fruit it smelled like, but i wondered where the classis Anise smell was that was so often assosiated with the Durban(and also wondered if Anise would be a smell i would desire). As soon as it was dried and jarred it was an instantaneous mix of fruity Anise, that is very desireable. I find myself reaching for the Durban possibly more often than any other strains grown by me this season.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 9/10 - Though i have only grown a single plant of the Durban Poison, i am a bit disappointed i dont have space to run a re-grow on the strain next season. Lets see....extremely minimal mold, tolerant to both cold and wind, excellent unique flavour and smell, and the buzz is very, very strong.

Average Outdoor 7.9 (wow that is my highest average ever!!)

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 7/10 - This strain does help migranes, as it takes you so high that you are totally distracted from them.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 -The Durban works quite well for shutting down muscle spasms.

Severe Chronic Pain 7/10 - I flicked back and forth with 6 and 7 in this category. The durban is actually quite a good strains for pain control. If you smoke a bunch(see Anxiety description) there is quite the body effect to go aong with the powerfull head stone.

Anxiety/Depression 8/10 - Quite a powerful uphigh. I generally roll a joint and smoke myself usually slightly smaller than a cigarette. Smoking a half a joint takes you up high to a really pleasant state of mind. Overdoing it(a whole joint the size of a cigarette in an hour solo), keeps you on a very uphigh state, but i find an amount of confusion is present in the buzz, and i find myself doing dense things like putting sugar in the fridge.(but getting a good laugh about it hahahaaha).

High Duration 8/10 - I find the buzz to linger on forever on this strain. Easily still felt after 2 hours, even 2.5 hours on a good half of a joint.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.6/10

Final Thoughts - DP is keeping some awesome genetics in the Durban POison for sure. It still blows me away to read that the THC percentage is only supposed to be around 10% on this strain. Ive smoked some of the highest rated professionally grown medical pot(one rated at 32%thc) and it didnt get me any higher than the Durban. As an outdoor strain i think this strain would be a fantastic choice for almost any environment(just assuming with its african genetics it can handle hot dry desert like conditions), but with just a single plant grown i might be jumping the gun with that comment i suppose. This strain is on the regrow list absolutely.

Main Plant pic
IMG_4195.JPG

Closer
IMG_4198.JPG

Dried Bud
IMG_44806.jpg

Closeup of Dried Bud(don't mind the off colour...it changed to a yellow orange tinge when I switched macro modes)
IMG_44816.jpg

I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Durban Poison photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 4.5 feet

Circumferance: 28 feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st, then declining losing 2-3 minutes per day.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 5th)

Dry Yield: 46oz

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 8/10 Very few mold specs. We had an off year this season with virtually no rain until preflower and then the weather turned into a wet season for the majority of flower(pain in the ass season), so many branches were very hard to keep upright, so i just gave up. Several branches were stacked like firewood, but yet i only found a couple of very minor mold specks...lost virtually nothing.

Insect Resistance 9/10 Very few bug bites on the durban vs other strains. It seems like the leafhoppers and whiteflies dont like the taste of the Poison. ;)

Bud to leaf ratio 8/10 Really a decent bud to leaf ratio.

Bud Density 7/10 Nice solid density. Not the hardest nugs of the season, but totally acceptable density.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life.

Tolerance to Wind 8/10 Nice strong main trunk, with smooth branch to trunk transitions. Fibrous branches withstood 60kph winds with a single main branch folding and breaking the tip off (a testament of just how windy it gets every season).

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the Durban POison. Also saw several frosts at the end of flower, and took them very well.

Trichome Production 7/10 Very good crystal formation. Takes a bit to get going, but the last half of flower she packs it on.

Ease of Training 7/10 A decent plant for LST. Branches are fibrous, but yet flexible...if i would have spent more time managing canopy with this plant i would have gotten an even better yield.

Scent Strength 8/10 When growing it smelt of a strong fruity smell, but i couldnt pin what kind of fruit it smelled like, but i wondered where the classis Anise smell was that was so often assosiated with the Durban(and also wondered if Anise would be a smell i would desire). As soon as it was dried and jarred it was an instantaneous mix of fruity Anise, that is very desireable. I find myself reaching for the Durban possibly more often than any other strains grown by me this season.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 9/10 - Though i have only grown a single plant of the Durban Poison, i am a bit disappointed i dont have space to run a re-grow on the strain next season. Lets see....extremely minimal mold, tolerant to both cold and wind, excellent unique flavour and smell, and the buzz is very, very strong.

Average Outdoor 7.9 (wow that is my highest average ever!!)

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 7/10 - This strain does help migranes, as it takes you so high that you are totally distracted from them.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 -The Durban works quite well for shutting down muscle spasms.

Severe Chronic Pain 7/10 - I flicked back and forth with 6 and 7 in this category. The durban is actually quite a good strains for pain control. If you smoke a bunch(see Anxiety description) there is quite the body effect to go aong with the powerfull head stone.

Anxiety/Depression 8/10 - Quite a powerful uphigh. I generally roll a joint and smoke myself usually slightly smaller than a cigarette. Smoking a half a joint takes you up high to a really pleasant state of mind. Overdoing it(a whole joint the size of a cigarette in an hour solo), keeps you on a very uphigh state, but i find an amount of confusion is present in the buzz, and i find myself doing dense things like putting sugar in the fridge.(but getting a good laugh about it hahahaaha).

High Duration 8/10 - I find the buzz to linger on forever on this strain. Easily still felt after 2 hours, even 2.5 hours on a good half of a joint.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.6/10

Final Thoughts - DP is keeping some awesome genetics in the Durban POison for sure. It still blows me away to read that the THC percentage is only supposed to be around 10% on this strain. Ive smoked some of the highest rated professionally grown medical pot(one rated at 32%thc) and it didnt get me any higher than the Durban. As an outdoor strain i think this strain would be a fantastic choice for almost any environment(just assuming with its african genetics it can handle hot dry desert like conditions), but with just a single plant grown i might be jumping the gun with that comment i suppose. This strain is on the regrow list absolutely.

Main Plant pic
View attachment 668109

Closer
View attachment 668110

Dried Bud
View attachment 668108

Closeup of Dried Bud(don't mind the off colour...it changed to a yellow orange tinge when I switched macro modes)
View attachment 668111
great report, like your grow! Interesting about the THC, I stopped giving any credence to these types of [HASHTAG]#s[/HASHTAG]. The dance of cannabinoids within an individual plant+ dance of cannabinoids within an individual brain=effect, just the way I look at, lol.
You are a beacon for us outdoor types!

great report, like your grow! Interesting about the THC, I stopped giving any credence to these types of [HASHTAG]#s[/HASHTAG]. The dance of cannabinoids within an individual plant+ dance of cannabinoids within an individual brain=effect, just the way I look at, lol.
You are a beacon for us outdoor types!

Hey thanks for the comments and the rep my friend! Its so true man....THC percentages have little to do with the power of the high in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was kind of funny that the second most sought after strain in dispensaries is Durban with its 10% thc.

Hey thanks for the comments and the rep my friend! Its so true man....THC percentages have little to do with the power of the high in the grand scheme of things. I thought it was kind of funny that the second most sought after strain in dispensaries is Durban with its 10% thc.
I've seen blue dream at 13%, it's [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG] on leafly, and I can testify about the high!

I can testify to both. 912, awesome report. I LOVE the Durban Poison. Looks Like a monster. 3#'s+

I am jealous. Kudos, and awesome job.:smokeit:

Don't be jealous....come on over and smoke some! Lots to go around...a real highlight from this plant was the bubble hash. I've never really had too much sativa hash before, and the quality of it is incredible. Awesome smell to the hash too.....one thing I for sure...I am going t be one high MoFo over the holidays! :D

trail - yeah blue dram is only 13% huh? Yet another prime example of THC ratings meaning ziltch.

Back