Edges of leaves turning up, should I be concerned?

Smoke em if you got em

I like weed.
Reaction score
On my 3rd grow, 9 day old Ethos planet of the grapes auto in Fox Farm Happy frog soil with Ph'd to 6.2 watering, haven't started feeding yet and I've never had any plants curl up the length of the leaf edges like this. Not sure if I should be concerned or if this is okay. Any advice or info from you amazing farmers would be appreciated!

Attachments

• wrinkly.jpg
    wrinkly.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 30
This indoors? You monitoring temperature and humidity at all? I wonder if your environment is a little on the hot and/or dry side?
Yeah, indoor grow. Temps are averaging about 80-83 degrees with lights on and about 72 degrees off and humidity has been fluctuating a lot this week with a lot of rain coming through but between 53% humidity during lights on to 70% during lights out.

I'm a big fan of VPD charts which provide temp/humidity targets throughout the growth stages. Checkout vpdchart.com.

At 81.5F air temp with a small adjustment for leaf temp, you'll get a VPD of around 1.5-1.6. That is too high. Plants will struggle to utilize water efficiently at transpiration rates that high, especially at that size.

For seedlings, 0.8 is a good target. Then 1.0 in veg and 1.2 in flower. To get your VPD down to 0.8 at 80-83 degrees, you'll need to bring your humidity up to 66-74%. This might not fix everything, but it would certainly help. A humidifier is in order. Until then, regular misting with water might help keep them a little moist...

Good luck pal!

I'm a big fan of VPD charts which provide temp/humidity targets throughout the growth stages. Checkout vpdchart.com.

At 81.5F air temp with a small adjustment for leaf temp, you'll get a VPD of around 1.5-1.6. That is too high. Plants will struggle to utilize water efficiently at transpiration rates that high, especially at that size.

For seedlings, 0.8 is a good target. Then 1.0 in veg and 1.2 in flower. To get your VPD down to 0.8 at 80-83 degrees, you'll need to bring your humidity up to 66-74%. This might not fix everything, but it would certainly help. A humidifier is in order. Until then, regular misting with water might help keep them a little moist...

Good luck pal!
Thanks for the great info! I'm turning down my light intensity to get the temps a degree or two lower and reinstating the humidity domes until a little more mature.

Back