Edibles without decarb

Reaction score
Is there any other way to make butter/oil/RSO/tincture without decarb? Or with less smelly decarb? Any tricks? I can't afford smell all around the house.

Maybe some kief with pantyhose (article on AFN) and then decarb? Less smelly or it's not worth because of lower yield?

Iso wash and evaporate. The concentrate will desolve in butter or oil. Decarb is still necessary, but is usually handled in the cooking/baking.

Is there any other way to make butter/oil/RSO/tincture without decarb? Or with less smelly decarb? Any tricks? I can't afford smell all around the house.

Maybe some kief with pantyhose (article on AFN) and then decarb? Less smelly or it's not worth because of lower yield?

I own 2 of these http://www.ardentcannabis.com/education/decarboxylation-myths
There is almost zero smell while decarbing.
After decarb there will be a small amount of smell from fumes trapped inside when opening the device.
Those fumes can be almost completely eliminated if you let the device cool (maybe even refrigerate) before opening.
Not decarbing will harm potency.
The manufacturer claims this will pay for itself over time because of more efficient decarb.
I believe them.

@Arthur so that thing with freezing plant matter and alcohol like you do RSO? And then evaporate to get thick paste? And then I can make cookies?

@Simplicio I am from EU and that is impossible to get here. Also importing taxes and other payments will be too high.

Hi @KonopCh
You can make butter/oil/RSO/tinctures and topicals with undecarbed cannabis. There are medicinal properties when the cannabinoids are consumed in their acid state.
Some options for eliminating or reducing the smell during decarbing would be to seal your container of cannabis in an oven bag while in the oven. Then not opening it up until it is completely cooled.
Another option would be to water cure your buds. This takes all smell and taste out of it.

:greenthumb:

I use a pressure cooker to decarb my weed. Place in mason/canning jar with the lid tight then loosened 1/4 turn. Cook on high pressure for around 40 minutes or so. Release pressure and decarb is complete. I typically add coconut oil and simmer it for a few hours then strain is desired. At this point you can get buzzed by handling the oil so beware. This is a quick and dirty description and I know there are more recipes out there.

I decarbbed my buds using the Ardent Nova decarboxylator. It’s spendy. But it was odorless...until I opened the container to remove my decarbbed buds. Only downside is that it’s small. It only holds about 14 -21 grams at a time. It’s literally a set it and forget it system. Put buds in, turn it on and it automatically shuts off.

Back