DIY Extra Cheap DIY 276 Watt CFL Grow Light for 2x2x4 Grow Tent

I got a 7 socket converter and extension cable for 12$ from Amazon. Just need some CFL bulbs. An have a pulley light hanger for $12. I might get another 7 socket converter fixture. It's a pain trying keep even canopy under T5s.

I got a 7 socket converter and extension cable for 12$ from Amazon. Just need some CFL bulbs. An have a pulley light hanger for $12. I might get another 7 socket converter fixture. It's a pain trying keep even canopy under T5s.

I thought about using those but with the design of the cfls the light comes from the sides of the bulb not so much the top, with the socket adapters it curves each of the bulbs so it gets better light penetration.

It might work better for you with the 7 socket adapter if you mount it in a 2 way socket adapter that tilts it a bit or mount it on it's side.

Hi guys!

I recently made a video where I test the PPFD in umol/m2/s of a couple of different generic household bulbs at different heights.
The black squares are 1'x1' (30cm x30cm).
Long story short: There is a lot of difference between LED and CFL and you need a lot less total wattage to achieve the same intensity with LED.
Sorry if the video is a bit long, I tried to cover everything that could possibly be interesting. There are timestamps in the beginning, though.

XVY3D8l.jpg

rfc7Rze

Hi guys!

I recently made a video where I test the PPFD in umol/m2/s of a couple of different generic household bulbs at different heights.
The black squares are 1'x1' (30cm x30cm).
Long story short: There is a lot of difference between LED and CFL and you need a lot less total wattage to achieve the same intensity with LED.
Sorry if the video is a bit long, I tried to cover everything that could possibly be interesting. There are timestamps in the beginning, though.

XVY3D8l.jpg

rfc7Rze

It's all about the raw watts bud, grew bigger plants with this cfl light than the high powered cobs I have now because it was pure raw wattage not what things are claiming to be and I had a shit ton of wattage eventually I think it was over 330 watts in a 2x2x4 check out my journal for Mephisto's Sour Livers strain if you want to see what kind of beasts these grew here is a pic as well... This is in 3 gallons of soil I still never topped this grow after like 30 autos even with double cobs. I want to be clear with you so you understand why this was even posted, I don't have a ton of money and I wanted to prove everyone wrong that told me you can't get killer results with cfl which I did and it wasn't even people on this forum that I am talking about, you still cannot get even close to this wattage with led or any other form of lighting for anywhere near the cost, for this price you would get a cheap blurple that would have produced half the plant, it would cost you probably close to $250 to match this wattage in led (Actual from wall not equivalent bs). Am not saying go make one but hey if your broke and you need the proper wattage honestly you could do worse, my entire point was to do this on the cheap I started out with pennies to grow with and am now in a 4x6x7 with 4 cobs I didn't have tons of money to just buy everything at once I added along the way, I wanted to show the average person this is a realistic goal unlike how a lot of people make it seem unobtainable so they can just keep you buying there weed.

Attachments

• 67545977_503744023740763_1425057092112220160_n.jpg
    67545977_503744023740763_1425057092112220160_n.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 67
Back