Fan leaves turning yellow [Outdoor]

Reaction score
Problem: Over the past few days, I have observed with one of my plants that most of the lower fan leaves are turning yellow. The buds and other leaves seem unaffected so far.

Medium/grow method: FFOF mixed with Natures Living Soil auto flower concentrate

Feed: and supplements used: Natures Living Soil auto flower concentrate mixed into soil. Also have been using Recharge over the past 2-3 weeks every few watering.

water source: Tap water left out for 24 hrs

Strain/age: Royal Queen Seeds Northern Lights Auto - Day 53

light used: Outdoor

Climate: North East

Additional info: 5 gal fabric pots. Outdoor grow. 8-10 hours of direct sun per day. I am growing 5 of these plants, and am noticing this issue in 1 plant mainly. A second plant is also showing similar yellow fan leaves, but to a much less extent.

Attachments

• C9049B31-6A77-4AEB-9F2E-2071C64CCBF3.jpeg
    C9049B31-6A77-4AEB-9F2E-2071C64CCBF3.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
Looks pretty normal for it's age to me. Many growers would have pulled those leaves off by now but not something I do unless they have gone full yellow and have nothing left for the plant.

Many strains will begin to draw on leaves later in life no matter how much food is available in the root zone and feeding more than normal can just make things worse. Too much N will restrict flowering

I would add some Epsom Salts to the next watering as pot likes extra Mg and S in the late stages of flowering. A tsp/gal/4L is enough. They like extra K too now but not lots of P tho still want some.

Looks very healthy overall so you don't need to do much to have a happy ending.

:peace:

Looks pretty normal for it's age to me. Many growers would have pulled those leaves off by now but not something I do unless they have gone full yellow and have nothing left for the plant.

Many strains will begin to draw on leaves later in life no matter how much food is available in the root zone and feeding more than normal can just make things worse. Too much N will restrict flowering

I would add some Epsom Salts to the next watering as pot likes extra Mg and S in the late stages of flowering. A tsp/gal/4L is enough. They like extra K too now but not lots of P tho still want some.

Looks very healthy overall so you don't need to do much to have a happy ending.

:peace:

Thanks for the reply! That definitely all makes sense. Glad to hear that it looks more like the normal course of events than a deficiency. I will look into using Epsom Salts as well.

Back