Reaction score
Problem:yellowing leaves

Medium/grow method:happy frog perlite lst

Feed: and supplements used:ff frio and cal mag

water source:tap phd to 6.5

Strain/age:65 days

light used:sf4000

Climate:75f, 45-50rh

Additional info:watered yesterday morning ppm around 1900, first grow so not sure if this is normal yellowing or somthing more and fixable. Want to get the most out of her I can.

Infirmary Staff aim to Answer your queries within 24-48 hours.

Attachments

• 20210804_060802.jpg
    20210804_060802.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 20210804_060652.jpg
    20210804_060652.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • 20210804_060705.jpg
    20210804_060705.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20210804_060657.jpg
    20210804_060657.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 52
Have you looked at the trichomes with some magnification?
When was your last feed?

Have you looked at the trichomes with some magnification?
When was your last feed?
I've looked with a loupe. They had a feeding a week and a half roughly. Ppm was high last run off, and shes always taken nutrs well. My concern was that the trichs are still somwhat clear.

I would keep feeding until the trichs turn cloudy. This is partly the plant discarding leaves and partly some nutrition deficit. It's not going to hurt if you have some bloom nutes that supply nitrogen and give the plants some extra nitrogen along with some bud nutes. .

1900ppm is extremely high....

I think you would be nuts to feed anything more than Epsom Salts at this point. I'd even run an extra gallon of RO water thru it to reduce some of the nutes in the pots. A Tbsp of Epsom in the water tho. Extra Mg and S is just the stuff the trichs and buds want this late in flower. A little extra K is very welcome too but the buds can steal that along with N and P from the old, now useless, leaves to feed the final maturation of the buds.

I want to see old leaves yellowing and going limp the last couple weeks to know that my plants aren't overloaded with nutes that will affect the taste of the buds. It's hard to hit the balance but I've found that hitting hard with nutes just before flower and feeding heavy thru the stretch then backing off off on N and P after while keeping feed levels lower works a lot better than feeding heavy, especially with hi-P, until a week or two before cropping and trying to flush it all out. Too much P gives that 'chem' taste to the buds.

:peace:

I've looked with a loupe. They had a feeding a week and a half roughly. Ppm was high last run off, and shes always taken nutrs well. My concern was that the trichs are still somwhat clear.

For hi-THC plants I like to crop when they are mostly cloudy, very little amber, but I crop in stages so take the big, ripe colas off then allow the lower, smaller colas a week or more to ripen and fatten up before taking the rest.

For what it's worth Jorge Cervantes of Grow Bible fame claims that peak THC is when the trichs are 50/50 clear/cloudy and I tend to judge that way.

Trichs go amber when the THC breaks down to CBN which promotes that 'couch lock' buzz but almost everything I've grown in the last 20 years takes another month to get any serious amount of amber going. Spread the cured buds out in the sun for a few hours daily for a week and the UV will amber them up quick enough. I'm smoking bud/kief that I've had for up to 10 years and it's stonier than it used to be. :)

:peace:

Back