New Grower First Grow! - Fast Buds: Cream Cookies

Frank56

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to AFN, but I have been lurking for about a year now, in which time I have absorbed as much knowledge as I possibly could before diving in to the world of growing. I've been planning this grow for about a year now, and I wanted to make sure I equipped myself with as much knowledge as possible before I gave it a shot. I've put time into perfecting my environment (got a custom build), as well as what these plants like. That said, I'm going to make mistakes, and thought it'd be great to log everything.

Shout out to @AutoBobje for pointing me here!

Environment:

As mentioned, I've built my own indoor environment. So, let me explain what's going on.

About a year ago, when I was planning to build my environment, I picked up an old cabinet (approx 2m high, 70cm wide, and 60cm deep). The cupboard is split in two, with the top section being about 30cm high (this makes it great for all of my ventilation equipment). I have a 4" inline fan which runs constantly which is bolted inside the top of this cupboard, and pushes air out to the side. Air is pulled from the lower compartment of the container via a carbon filter, with ducting connecting the work. Here are some shots (excuse the holes I cut incorrectly - had a few teething issues with the build lol).

Vent.jpg
Filter.jpg

Walls are wrapped in diamond mylar (see filter image), and I have created an air-tight seal at the doors by use of weather strips and additional snap locks to pull everything in nice and tight.

194946189_157886039582123_8047206890354324123_n_adobespark.jpg

Environment is finished off with 5x 4" passive intake holes (meshed) which are located at the lower opposite side of the carbon filter so air is pulled across the room.

In terms of lighting, I am running a Mars Hydro TS1000 for 24 hours a day.

For humidity, I have a humidifier which is placed outside of the passive intake vents to allow better control over RH. My aim is 25C and 70% RH, which is very achievable with this custom setup.

The Grow:

I am growing a single plant. I don't smoke as much as a lot of you guys (lol), so an oz would see me through about half a year to a year (seriously, I'm not lying!). Over the years, I'm sick of smoking the shit you get off the street, and had a few unhappy dealings which made me consider this hobby. Safer, better quality, and a shit load of fun!

Strain: Fast Buds: Cream Cookies

Medium: BioBizz Light Mix (mixed with an additional 30% pre-washed perlite).

Pot Size: 8L airpot (it's a knock off, but it will work).

Nutrients: BioBizz's Line - Root Juice, BioGrow, Bio Bloom, Top Max, Cal Mag, Alg-A-Mic

Water: Plain tap water (my tap water has a ppm of 50 - doesn't matter because not using synthetic nutes), and a PH of about 7.2. I'm sure the soil can buffer to 6.5.

DISCLAIMER BEFORE I POST

Expect to see a lot of posts in quick succession under here, I have been logging my progress offline but want to bring my experience to the community. Queue 35 days of updates!

Last edited:
DAY 1

Seed placed in shot glass of non-phed tap water. Going to give her 24-hours to break the seed in. I’ve also prepared my medium ready for the seed to be dropped straight in once its sank in the shot glass.

Medium is a blend of 70% BioBizz Light Mix and 30% perlite. I have fully saturated the medium with 1.5 litres of non-phed tap water and 4ml of BioBizz Root Juice per litre of water (6ml in total used here). Pot has been placed inside the cabinet with lights on, just to bring the medium up to a good temperature.

Lights are set 24” above the pot, at 75% power. Running 24 hours a day to prevent stretching.

Going to keep the top soil moist with a mister; solution in the mister is made up of 2ml Root Juice and 500ml non-phed tap water.

Day 5:

She’s broken the surface now and has managed to shed the helmet too, which is always nice. Cotyledons fully open and looking for the light, seedling looks healthy. Top soil is being kept moist with the mister, being careful not to splash the leaves.

Day 5.jpg

Day 9:

She’s been doing well over the last few days, but I’ve got a feeling she’s starting to get a little bit thirsty. Second set of leaves are now formed, but they are small, wilted, and pulling to one side.

Going to start the wet-dry cycle given the above. 750ml of non-phed water given to the pot, with 3ml of Root Juice. Let’s see how she responds to that tomorrow, and whether the second leaves buff out a bit.

Day 9.png

Day 10:

Sure enough, the second leaves are fully hydrated and looking much bigger today. Can see the start of the third set of leaves already, expecting her to pack on some growth over the next couple of days!

Day 10.png

Day 13:

Growth has been excellent over the last few days, she’s really packed on some size. Gave her another watering yesterday (500ml non-ph with just root juice again). Noticed some faint black markings on the leaves tonight, so going to keep an eye on that over the next few days.

Day 13.jpg

Day 17:

Two weeks from sprout today, and happy with her size now, but holy shit is she short! I think this is because of my initial idea to prevent stretching and keeping the lights really low. Going to start LST today and give her some low strength nutes, as I am really pleased with her size for 2 weeks, and we need to create ourselves a bush!

The nodes are packed so tightly… I’m expecting things to get a bit close together. Going to post one picture a day now for the next 7 days to show the LST battle with this plant.

Watered with 1 litre of water with 1ml of Root Juice and ¼ strength Bio-Grow (0.5ml).

Day 17.jpg
Day 17 - Nodes.jpg

Day 17 - LST.jpg

Buckle up, one image a day for the next 7 days to show the LST initiation.​

Day 18:

She is now on a 20/4 light cycle now I’m happy with initial growth, want to give her a bit of a rest! Noticed some yellow tips so clearly she didn’t need a feed just yet.

Day 18.jpg

Last edited:
Back