First Grow - My girl is sick :(

Not to my knowledge. I would still like to find a way to make it work, I would love to bottom water. But with your current issue, U dont want to be watering from both top and bottom. Top watering is going to help wash out whatever is causing your problem, and get your medium back in balance. And its going to help your dry food break down as fast as possible, which is still going to take 7-10 days on average.
I'm going to take them off the water bases then. Thanks for the advice here. @BII I thought the same thing. Maybe I should start over entirely, but it seems to be rapidly growing and not as stunted as i thought it would be considering the defiencies.

Thanks for the context. Since I'm using organic amendments, should I still worry about salt build up?
Yes. Organic amendments are fertilizers, over time release nutrients (usually salts). Top and bottom feeding at same time is to be avoided.

You can continue bottom feeding if you use the right base nutes and/or supplements suited for your soil. Get relevant soil growers' advice.

If you have seeds, I'd suggest start another one. I might even put a seedling in the same pot, see if it overtakes the surely at least partially stunted current plant.

Last edited:
Yes. Organic amendments are fertilizers, over time release nutrients (usually salts). Top and bottom feeding at same time is to be avoided.

You can continue bottom feeding if you use the right base nutes and/or supplements suited for your soil. Get relevant soil growers' advice.
Thank you. If i did go with liquid nutes, do you have any recommendations I should consider for a beginner? Otherwise, I will remove the water bases and maybe try them for next grow.

Thank you. If i did go with liquid nutes, do you have any recommendations I should consider for a beginner?
As I noted, "Get relevant soil growers' advice." I'm a coco grower. I presume yours is a fairly common issue, using straight bag soil that may need some supplementation.

Last edited:
Back