New Grower First Grow - Outdoors in Ireland

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m about two weeks into an outdoor grow here in Ireland, thought I would post progress after lurking a lot and getting valuable info.

Some background: I’ve done a very small indoor grow years ago but never considered outdoors here due to climate but was over at a friends place who’s green fingers gave me inspiration. I was a bit late in the season getting started so went for what are hopefully some v quick autos. Under no illusions though and not expecting a huge haul, in it for the learning, fun and relaxation of putting my mind to the project and off the day to day!
  • Seeds: Amnesia Sticky Beast x3
  • Soil: Was recommended Cré mix, an Irish made organic product filled with kelp and other good stuff.
  • Pots: Had 2 11l Fabric pots one unknown plastic from the shed
  • Germination: straight in the soil in fabric for two. One of them went into a biodegradable cardboard starter and under a propagator inside
  • Outdoor location: have them in a cheap mini greenhouse on the sunny side of the garden. Probably getting about 10hrs of direct sun (when it’s out)
soil mix
CE200113-6363-4E4E-B3B2-393568D40F44.jpeg

first sprouts after 60 hrs
D0C073A2-0E87-4572-8ABF-C83AB355B32B.jpeg

CA9A30EC-2348-47C6-B1DA-F6ECBAD5AE12.jpeg

More to follow having a nightmare typing on the phone!

Attachments

• 6D2F45A8-73DD-4B8F-B9F2-639A998D268C.jpeg
    6D2F45A8-73DD-4B8F-B9F2-639A998D268C.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 36
im in the uk so we have very similar weather i was just thinking aren't you putting them out a bit late as mine are approaching 8 weeks
Oh I am for sure. Was done on a whim to see what happens, far from ideal. Will give them a proper run next year. Mates here have them in full swing at the moment.

but if push comes to shove can you maybe bring them indoors approaching the end
ive done odd plants in those ones before just need to watch in flower for mould but good on you for having a try bro you could always finish them indoor if need be also its really nice to meet you my friend from sunny liverpool

Worth it all the same for the learning process. Must say I read outdoors in Ireland and thought: "uh oh" :rofl: but sheltering them from the rain should help! Good luck man

Back