New Grower Flower Time Update!

Gazeye

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
The last of my stash...
This thread is for the general discussion of the blog entry Flower Time Update!. Please add to the discussion here.

Then on day 38, I return home and find this:
DG2_Yellow_Left.jpg
DG2_Yellow_Far.jpg
DG3_Yellow_front.jpg

So I start panicking a tiny little bit lol. I've been suspecting a N deficiency while I was gone but thought I could get home and get on top of it before it got bad. Well i was wrong. First thing I do is mix up 14tbs per gal of Worm Castings with 1 tbsp er gall of 4-4-4 All Purpose for an emergency top dress feeding. Once that is given with some water, I start brewing a compost tea with the remaining half 5 gal watering pail. About 24hrs later the plants we dry enough to take some water so I gave them the tea. By day 41 I was pretty happy with the yellowing seeming to stop. I got rid of the yellow leaves and snapped a pic:
Tent21-06.jpg

DG1
DG2Day42_topCola.jpg

Now we get to current day, day 45.

So the plants have been doing amazing. My Double Grape #1 has made a massive comeback from her yellowing, and what i believed to be stunted, youth. She is now 30.5" tall and the tallest girl of the bunch. She didn't get any LST throughout the grow since i didn't want to stress her more than she was. She also hot flower later than her sisters but seems in good health. Almost like time froze for her:
DG1Day45Cola.jpg
DG1Day45Side.jpg

Then we got Double Grape #2 who has just been a star this entire time:
DG2Dat45Side.jpg
DG2Day45Top.jpg
DG2Fay45Cola.jpg

Last but not least is Double Grape #3. She's kept pace in development with DG2, just shorter:
DG3Day45Cola.jpg
DG3Day45Side.jpg
DG3Day45Top.jpg

Next on the schedule is some compost tea (it's brewing right now) at the next watering. Then will be top dressing with Castings and Power Bloom 2-8-4 only. That will probably be around day 49. I also have a Crème de la Chem doing great in this tent that I will post on update in this same Discussion thread on another day. She was planted in a hotter mix so no N deficiency for her. She's gonna be a monster! :headbang:

Back