Flushing: The Myth that won't Die

Mr Flibble did...

20220803_094731.gif

Attachments

• 20220803_094731.gif
    20220803_094731.gif
    1 MB · Views: 39
I have never flushed per say but i do continue giving it straight water at the same amount as when feeding for the last ten days, If I do not do that I would end up with weed that burns my lips and tongue and is harsh and does not burn clean. Are you guys feeding right up to the time you pick? I realize what you say about the roots not being a sponge but the soil less mix does it not act like a sponge per say and collect excess minerals and salts. I am just curios
So technically this is also so called flushing as your flushing out the rest of the plants nutrients that it has in there instead of draining it with few gallons

I have done this the last grows.
The only thing i have noticed is my ash's are dark now instead of light gray.
Anyone else notice this ?
Comments!!!!
This is absolutely correct it is more darker because of the salts built up in it witch is why people stop feeding last 2 weeks or complete water them out last few days to flush out any salts ans nutrients that will be ledt in the plant and soil of course wont get rid 100%

Im no expert at all not even close so your mileage may vary.........

However from the information I have read dark and/or chunky ashes are due to the dry and cure, not flushing.

I think the ash is about the moisture content and getting a "complete" burn.

I have seen this myself. If I smoke a sample flower while its still a bit on the wet side I get an incomplete burn and dark chunky ash.

If I smoke the same flower after a full proper dry and cure the burn is more complete. The ash is soft and crumbly, grey to white in color.

I don't believe it's possible to flush nutrient content out of a plant. The way I understand it there's not raw NPK just sitting around inside a plant.

Do they flush the higly valued tobacco varietals used to make high end expensive cigars?

Last edited:
Im no expert at all not even close so your mileage may vary.........

However from the information I have read dark and/or chunky ashes are due to the dry and cure, not flushing.

I think the ash is about the moisture content and getting a "complete" burn.

I have seen this myself. If I smoke a sample flower while its still a bit on the wet side I get an incomplete burn and dark chunky ash.

If I smoke the same flower after a full proper dry and cure the burn is more complete. The ash is soft and crumbly, grey to white in color.

I don't believe it's possible to flush nutrient content out of a plant. The way I understand it there's not raw NPK just sitting around inside a plant.

Do they flush the higly valued tobacco varietals used to make high end expensive cigars?
Your right on the money! Dark ash is a combination of moisture and sugar from an incomplete cure. Big grow ops flush because they save a ton of money on nutrients.... but it does nothing for the quality of the weed.

Back