Dutch Passion Frisian Duck Photoperiod Outdoor Grow + Med Smoke report

G.Leave

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Frisian Duck photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 5 feet

Circumferance: 24feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 5th at the 45th North Parallel)

Dry Yield: 30oz

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 9/10 Only one spot of mold on the whole plant.

Insect Resistance 6/10 Had some minimal rainbow leaf hopper troubles on the Duck, and a problem with a bug i dont ever recall seeing an issue with Japanese Beetles! Still she got through the damage no problem.

Bud to leaf ratio 5/10 The upper exposed buds had nice ratio but virtually anything below the top layer of the canopy was very fluffy, and not worth trimming.

Bud Density 6/10 Not the best formed buds i have ever grown. Not totally airy, but not super nice firm nugs either.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life.

Tolerance to Wind 4/10 The wide leaves on this plant make it fairly vulnerable to high winds..its leaves are like a million mini parachutes.

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the Duck

Trichome Production 7/10 Nice trichome production, but it shows really late. Not quite as profuse as some plants i have grown.

Ease of Training 5/10 Very rubbery branches are a pain in the arse to stabilize. Wish i would have run silica on this plant..

Scent Strength 5/10 Low profile odour that is well suited for stealth grows. Smells of a nice lime scent, just not very strong. I would like to note that it has been brought to my attention that smells on other guys Frisian Ducks are not the low profile odour than existed on mine. Something to keep in mind if you are looking for this variety to be a stealth grown plant.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 6/10 - The rubbery stalks made this plant take heavy rains in a very negative way, at one point in time she was split in the main stalk in many places.(we are talking gallons of rain in hours though, coupled with 50+kph winds) In a more stable season/climate this rating would be higher, i would say 7/10 or even 8/10 would be fair.

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - This strain doesnt do much for the migranes(but very few strains do for my spinal chord induced migrane headaches), but also doesnt effect them in a negative way.

Muscle tension/spasms 6/10 -The duck shuts down muscle spasms in my back fairly efficiently.

Severe Chronic Pain 5/10 - Hmm not a whole lot of pain reduction from this one.

Anxiety/Depression 7/10 - You know this is quite a nice clear uphigh. Not overly overpowering, but a nice uplifting buzz though

High Duration 5/10 - I find the buzz to wear off pretty quickly on this strain. Just over an hour, maybe 1.5.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 5.8/10

Final Thoughts - If you are looking for a stealth leaved strain with a low profile odour then this would be the choice, but know that all stealth will be blown by mid flower when giant purple colas emerge. Toward the end of flower many of the leaves were more traditionally shaped as well. If you are looking for a super powerful buzz and tremendous stink in your bud then keep searching....there is stronger more fragrant varieties out there.

Plant Overview
IMG_4414600.jpg

Closer
IMG_4416600.jpg

Nice colour and crystal!!
IMG_4436600.jpg

Dried Bud
IMG_44746.jpg

Dried Close up
IMG_44756.jpg

Last edited:
That is an excellent report, your format...... way better than the standard template..... Should be the new post-normal......

I grew 3 ducks last year, and can nod in recognition to all said, except the smell.... The ones I grew stunk up the whole garden, it was easily detectable 15-20 m away with the prevailing breeze.... And also saw most of the top leaves loosing their duckiness..... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/quacking-away-and-excellence-in-customer-service.43290/

I grew 3 ducks last year.......The ones I grew stunk up the whole garden..... And also saw most of the top leaves loosing their duckiness.....

For some reason, that strikes me as a very amusing quote. I mean if you were just casually not paying attention to the conversation.

Hey @Corgy, Big Buds as well?

Thanks for the report @912GreenSkell

Very interesting plant that duckfoot. Nice to see an actual harvest. Looks like they had some girth though yes?

Great report, and kudos my friend.

:peek:

Hey eek! Thanks for the comment. Yes the buds were quite large...if the stuff below the canopy were denser the overall yield would have been much better.

That is an excellent report, your format...... way better than the standard template..... Should be the new post-normal......

I grew 3 ducks last year, and can nod in recognition to all said, except the smell.... The ones I grew stunk up the whole garden, it was easily detectable 15-20 m away with the prevailing breeze.... And also saw most of the top leaves loosing their duckiness..... https://www.autoflower.org/threads/quacking-away-and-excellence-in-customer-service.43290/

I am going to add a note to "Scent Strength" about your observed smells. That's about the only flaw I see in my reviews, is that I usually only grow a single plant at a time of any given strain.(I post follow up reviews with strains I regrow)

Its wonderful that DP has brought Ducksfoot to people's attention. Frisan Ducklooks real nice and has a nice yeild, yours sure did. BUT, pure Ducksfoot is a much diffrent plant on its own. Some of the sructural characteristics are present on the FD, the thin soft branches, which actually are quite tough and I suspect a environmental adaption, large duskfoot outdoor will get so heavy with bud it will droop the branches to the ground, they'll even bend over the whole plant. I believe its to get the seed to ground quicker by having the buds fall low and/or touch the ground.

Smell. Ducksfoot had a very odd, low intensity smell, nothing like any other Cannabis. Until the end of bloom when they suddenly get STINKY, like rotten coconuts lol!

Potency: Ducksfoot, at least the ducks I grow, are quite potent and obviously a Sativa like profile. Yes, more of a mind medicine and generally relaxing effect. Great daytime smoke if you don't do too much! I find myself comparing it with Silver Haze, it has a quite similar taste and high. Smoke too much, and it can be trippy!

I wish real ducksfoot wasn't impossible to get, mine is clone only, there are no males here available. I'm getting ready to STS some clones and make seed. Easier to preserve the line rather than depending solely on clones.

Here's a Ducksfoot pic:

Ducksfoot Bud pic4 -9-10-2016.jpg

I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Frisian Duck photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 5 feet

Circumferance: 24feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 5th at the 45th North Parallel)

Dry Yield: 30oz

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 9/10 Only one spot of mold on the whole plant.

Insect Resistance 6/10 Had some minimal rainbow leaf hopper troubles on the Duck, and a problem with a bug i dont ever recall seeing an issue with Japanese Beetles! Still she got through the damage no problem.

Bud to leaf ratio 5/10 The upper exposed buds had nice ratio but virtually anything below the top layer of the canopy was very fluffy, and not worth trimming.

Bud Density 6/10 Not the best formed buds i have ever grown. Not totally airy, but not super nice firm nugs either.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life.

Tolerance to Wind 4/10 The wide leaves on this plant make it fairly vulnerable to high winds..its leaves are like a million mini parachutes.

Tolerance to Cold 8/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the Duck

Trichome Production 7/10 Nice trichome production, but it shows really late. Not quite as profuse as some plants i have grown.

Ease of Training 5/10 Very rubbery branches are a pain in the arse to stabilize. Wish i would have run silica on this plant..

Scent Strength 5/10 Low profile odour that is well suited for stealth grows. Smells of a nice lime scent, just not very strong. I would like to note that it has been brought to my attention that smells on other guys Frisian Ducks are not the low profile odour than existed on mine. Something to keep in mind if you are looking for this variety to be a stealth grown plant.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 6/10 - The rubbery stalks made this plant take heavy rains in a very negative way, at one point in time she was split in the main stalk in many places.(we are talking gallons of rain in hours though, coupled with 50+kph winds) In a more stable season/climate this rating would be higher, i would say 7/10 or even 8/10 would be fair.

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - This strain doesnt do much for the migranes(but very few strains do for my spinal chord induced migrane headaches), but also doesnt effect them in a negative way.

Muscle tension/spasms 6/10 -The duck shuts down muscle spasms in my back fairly efficiently.

Severe Chronic Pain 5/10 - Hmm not a whole lot of pain reduction from this one.

Anxiety/Depression 7/10 - You know this is quite a nice clear uphigh. Not overly overpowering, but a nice uplifting buzz though

High Duration 5/10 - I find the buzz to wear off pretty quickly on this strain. Just over an hour, maybe 1.5.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 5.8/10

Final Thoughts - If you are looking for a stealth leaved strain with a low profile odour then this would be the choice, but know that all stealth will be blown by mid flower when giant purple colas emerge. Toward the end of flower many of the leaves were more traditionally shaped as well. If you are looking for a super powerful buzz and tremendous stink in your bud then keep searching....there is stronger more fragrant varieties out there.

Plant Overview
View attachment 667343

Closer
View attachment 667344

Nice colour and crystal!!
View attachment 667342

Dried Bud
View attachment 667340

Dried Close up
View attachment 667345

Its wonderful that DP has brought Ducksfoot to people's attention. Frisan Ducklooks real nice and has a nice yeild, yours sure did. BUT, pure Ducksfoot is a much diffrent plant on its own. Some of the sructural characteristics are present on the FD, the thin soft branches, which actually are quite tough and I suspect a environmental adaption, large duskfoot outdoor will get so heavy with bud it will droop the branches to the ground, they'll even bend over the whole plant. I believe its to get the seed to ground quicker by having the buds fall low and/or touch the ground.

Smell. Ducksfoot had a very odd, low intensity smell, nothing like any other Cannabis. Until the end of bloom when they suddenly get STINKY, like rotten coconuts lol!

Potency: Ducksfoot, at least the ducks I grow, are quite potent and obviously a Sativa like profile. Yes, more of a mind medicine and generally relaxing effect. Great daytime smoke if you don't do too much! I find myself comparing it with Silver Haze, it has a quite similar taste and high. Smoke too much, and it can be trippy!

I wish real ducksfoot wasn't impossible to get, mine is clone only, there are no males here available. I'm getting ready to STS some clones and make seed. Easier to preserve the line rather than depending solely on clones.

Here's a Ducksfoot pic:

View attachment 668094

Hey thanks for the awesome breakdown on the Duck! Very interesting smell! It makes me wonder where the lime in my Frisian Duck smell comes from, as the Frisian Dew does not have a fruity smell.

Back