Fungating tumor Border Collie

Elyara

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
My daughter's 4 year old dog was diagnosed with an aggressive mast cell tumor just above her hock. The vet wanted $4,500 up front to remove her leg which my daughter as a single mum can not afford.

After much research we purchased some eggplant cream which is used very successfully to treat skin cancer, some Green Dragon tincture plus added bovine colostrum and dried powdered nettle to her food.

6 weeks into treatment the tumor is 3mm deep (was 32mm) and is a bit less than 1/2 the width.

The horrible stench that fungating tumors give off stopped within the first week.

Astrid the dog is very adept at managing to chew her leg even with the collar of shame. The tumor used to bleed prolifically now if she gets to it there is no blood. I imagine that the blood supply is now negligible.

I hope this information may benefit someone. The vet is amazed.

The tumour today and the progression of her healing. Very happy with the result :)

Attachments

• AT 22nd July 2019.jpg
    AT 22nd July 2019.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 13th July small image.jpg
    13th July small image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 378
  • AT 20:6.jpg
    AT 20:6.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 641
  • Vet photo small.jpg
    Vet photo small.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 689
Eggplant cream? My border collie got the bad end of the genetic tree and has occasional seizures. I'm thinking CBD in some format might help mitigate it. Still researching. Great work, hope she heals up well. Sure beats losing an entire leg.

We are using this one now http://shop.newtonspharmacy.com.au/Devils_Apple_ointment it's a bit more gentle and just as effective. It's also taken care of my sister's skin cancer ~ only one left :) I do know that you have to be very cautious with THC and dogs. Astrid has 1 drop per day and her tincture is high CBD low THC.

Have you researched raw cannabis? Looks like it could be very good for a few things but takes, I believe, about 6-8 weeks for full effect. I am trying to find someone who will be happy to part with their hydro roots after they have harvested as they look to be an excellent remedy for cancer & inflammation.

Back