Genetic/Strain Review Ideas

I suggest classes of grower skills ..Like I'm kinda veteran on this forum (joined 2014,) but my growing skills are pretty low..fck it I dont have green thumb.. So maybe from A to D classes? A top grower D begginer or low skilled grower..

Strain reviews backed up by a grow journal would be sweet. Some novice indoor grower like myself most likely won't come close to yields that experienced totally dialed in growers have. Also, soil vs non soil, organic vs non organic. All will produce differently eh.

Here's a preliminary mock-up based on some of the feedback here:

There's typos and placeholders that need to be fixed up, but kind of the general idea/vibe of how they can lay out. Right now, all answers are set to "single text line," but it's possible to put in radio tick boxes, check boxes, drop down menu responses, etc.

I'll be adding a "link to grow journal" that will be REQUIRED in order for the review to even be posted as well.
Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 8.59.00 AM.png

This should make reviews pretty simply then though; at the top of the review there's a big text input box (just like I'm typing in right now,) so if you can write a post or create a thread, you can create a review (in essence.) Then below that familiar territory, we just guide in the questions we want to see.

And this can change, we can add things, subtract things, rename things etc. Would love to get some input from the breeders on what they'd like to see on it too.

An "Observed Grow Report" on how the physical grow went, then a separate template/review for the actual consumption and effects (and thinking we can tie that into other types of consumption, like allowing growers to review strains they purchase at dispensaries, etc.)

@Damien50 I incorporated a lot of your feedback into the template. Need to add in a few things (like observed resistances, etc.)

I'm liking the clean look. Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration

I'm liking the clean look. Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration

We'll clean it up even more and get some feedback from the community and vendors on anything to add for polish. And it's not hard to add things in down the road to if someone comes up with something clever to add.

Seed Banks will be the next to get a set of review questions, followed probably by Grow Lights.

Back