Sweet Seeds Green Poison XL auto in a 30 gallon pot!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Been planning this for a long time! I want to see just how big she'll get in 30 gallons of organic soil. So today is the day. I moved all the autos to the tent in the rear, cleaned to tent and tray then place the pot and filled it. This is not my normal organic mix. I put in a base layer of organic potting mix, Lambert's. then sprinkled some Epsoma Garden tone, about a 1/2 cup and a little blood meal, about a tablespoon. I then mixed 5 gallons of some special compost with ten gallon of recycled soil. This compost is composed of rootballs and recycled soil, worm castings ( my own ), Epsoma Garden Tone, about a quart of it, food waste, canna stalks and leaves, horse manure, lime, and epsom salts. It has been composting for about 2.5 years. I added a top layer of about 3 gallons of fresh potting soil sprinkled with an 8 pound bag of worm castings and a little garden lime.

I will bottom water. I'm placing Auto Pot valves in two corners and this will feed plain water to the pot. Will be dropping the seed to soak shortly!

30 gallon pot in tent.jpg

Last edited:
GrassRoots makes these as they had a lot of requests for a shorty pot. I chose it to help keep over all height as low as possible. I suspect that is the target market, for people growing i tents.

Hardly anyone seems to use such flat-profile growing pots/bags. Is the pot/bag so wide vs. tall for a reason?

Back