Growing autos as a viable business

Maybe rather than partner with someone else being in charge, just hire somebody, a classic tenant farmer arrangement? They do the work, maybe live onsite, and get a portion of the crop (or $profit).

Sorry for bumping. Got interest if someone's succeeded in your business?
Yeah, I'd be interested to know what happened as well.

I bounce between photos and autos but still grinding along. Profits are at an all time low as indoor pounds are only selling for around $900 average to the dispensary but here in Oklahoma you can still make it if you are careful and not blowing money. I actually saw a dispensary about 15 miles from my house that has been selling trim for 15 dollars an ounce and diamonds are selling for 6-8 dollars in single gram packaging and 1oz baller jars i have seen as low as 140.

In Florida, outside sales are still ilegal but it's going for 100 a zip....

or is picking the right genetics (something like mephisto or dinafem) the key to it.

You hit the nail on the head there, it realy come down to the gentics whether it be photos or autos.
I spend a huge amount of time researching gentics and breeders before I buy and spend £100 on seeds. I'm into making my own seeds now so it important I start with realy good stock.

As to answer the question to your situation, my advice would be to separate from this guy and get growing your self. You've paid for everything you might as well learn to grow and grow the strains you want.
We at AFN can most definitely recommend great gentic to get you to that all important harvest. That why we are here to help you get to growing your own.

When growing Autoflowers and Photoperiods there's pro and cons to both as viable business models.
My advice would be to grow both and work out which system works best for you.
I find photos work better for me as my patients predominantly use it for medical reasons and not so much for recreational reasons. They want a consistency with my product so I have to keep mothers around and that means running that extra space for a veg room/tent.
If I was just running autos I would be in just the one space or tent.

Genetics are the most important thing. Although in saying that the importance of a few things are equally as important. I would want him to grow photoperiods 100%. I've been doing autos for 2 years and now that I'm doing photoperiods I never want to grow autos again. My last harvest of a single photo plant was 220g of rock solid bud with 3 weeks veg 8 weeks flower, just as quick as an auto. The max I got with an auto was 146g from six shooter auto from fastbuds that was 9 weeks start to finish. The most profitable is photos. Especially since you can plan the time to rotate your plants. If I put an auto into the ground there's no telling when it will finish

Back