Growing Pot upside down, I read you can

Reaction score
Growing Pot upside down, I read you can. Has anyone tried it? What read suggested turning the pot upside down after the roots set. That sounds dangerous with the soil potentially dropping out. Was wondering what the setup would look like to secure the plant in enough grow medium. Can you still use cloth grow bags?

I have a 2.5 X 2.5 tent. The extra grow space sounds interesting.

Growing Pot upside down, I read you can. Has anyone tried it? What read suggested turning the pot upside down after the roots set. That sounds dangerous with the soil potentially dropping out. Was wondering what the setup would look like to secure the plant in enough grow medium. Can you still use cloth grow bags?

I have a 2.5 X 2.5 tent. The extra grow space sounds interesting.
I think Ricky from the trailer park tried it with some success!

Joking aside I've not actually heard anything about this although there seems to be a lot of info on your preffered search engine.

There is/was a commercial product called "Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter" that people have vids of growing tomatoes etc. on the YouTube.

did it wit a few pepper plants as a novelty..

Like this lol
Screenshot_20210730_180555_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I feel upside down just looking at that.

Thanks, everyone. I was wondering how to stop the soil from dropping out of the pot. I have enough space to accumulate my personal use stash. I wanted to consider getting there faster by having plants grow to meet in the middle of my tent. LOL. The answer might be cutting a round plastic disk with an opening for the plant and running hangers throught the plastic to keep it in place by supporting the weight. Thanks! (drill holes for drainage.)

I grew tomatoes in a topsy turvy eeeh it was alright.
I wouldn't consider cannabis because no matter what the plant will grow to the light and will just grow up. Also the drainage water will if the plant stays under said hanging pot it will just get it all wet.

I grew tomatoes in a topsy turvy eeeh it was alright.
I wouldn't consider cannabis because no matter what the plant will grow to the light and will just grow up. Also the drainage water will if the plant stays under said hanging pot it will just get it all wet.
Good point. I didn't consider pest problems from loose moisture. Plus, I'm in the middle of a first grow and should know the plants grow to the light. I can think of some creative LST but then we have a height problem.

I guess my question is - why on earth would you want to do that? What is the perceived benefit? Maximizing space?

Back