Harvest? Clarification

The first two trich pics look close, but the white pistols in others make it look like it has weeks to go unless it is foxtailing 🤔. How old, how many weeks of flowering, and what were the lighting details?
My light though is the growers choice 680s set at 32” off top cola which stands the highest and was at 100% for about 2 weeks but I brought it down to 75% cause it was approaching 80 degrees

My light though is the growers choice 680s set at 32” off top cola which stands the highest and was at 100% for about 2 weeks but I brought it down to 75% cause it was approaching 80 degrees
I'm not familiar with that light, but based on the specs it is more than capable of causing foxtailing; however, based on your earlier response:
74 days from first set of leaves, started flowering at day 55. The breeders pic also looks this way for the buds. I’m just going to keep checking the trichomes as always my eye actually feels better today thank god. Buds seem dense tbh
(Glad your eye is better, by the way đź«Ł)... That is pretty fast and you likely need another week or two for them to fatten, most of the pistols to get dark and start to recede, and more amber on the buds themselves (and not just the top colas/sugar leaves) in order to get to your desired:
Going for the hybrid high for this one. Probably 50/50.
Regardless though, you appear to be getting close to what you want, so nice job :clapper:

I'm not familiar with that light, but based on the specs it is more than capable of causing foxtailing; however, based on your earlier response:

(Glad your eye is better, by the way đź«Ł)... That is pretty fast and you likely need another week or two for them to fatten, most of the pistols to get dark and start to recede, and more amber on the buds themselves (and not just the top colas/sugar leaves) in order to get to your desired:

Regardless though, you appear to be getting close to what you want, so nice job :clapper:
Appreciate that mozz, not as foggy of vision but yesterday it was to the point of not being able to have my good eye open without both my eyes watering. But because I don’t know why would my light foxtail? I’m assuming too much light?

Appreciate that mozz, not as foggy of vision but yesterday it was to the point of not being able to have my good eye open without both my eyes watering. But because I don’t know why would my light foxtail? I’m assuming too much light?
That's good you're seeing improvement...no pun intended. Hope you got an optometrist to bless you...eyes are not worth gambling with, for any cost.

Yeah, too much light is generally the cause; however, based on their age, and the overall condition (especially on the tops)...I think it is more likely they are just immature. And you dimmed your light a little, which is recommended by some anyways in the final weeks before harvest.

Any idea what your DLI is? Or PPFD at those distances, either from a test result, map or manufacturer specs? How many hours a day?

That's good you're seeing improvement...no pun intended. Hope you got an optometrist to bless you...eyes are not worth gambling with, for any cost.

Yeah, too much light is generally the cause; however, based on their age, and the overall condition (especially on the tops)...I think it is more likely they are just immature. And you dimmed your light a little, which is recommended by some anyways in the final weeks before harvest.

Any idea what your DLI is? Or PPFD at those distances, either from a test result, map or manufacturer specs? How many hours a day?
732 ppfd from 36” off the canopy and I had it down to 32”, on/off is 20/4, and environment gets to 80 but overall stays at 78. I follow the vpd to the T checking my sensor frequently to ensure nothings going out of wack. Also I had some steroids and wash from the plaster incident, was glad I kept them instead of chucking them. I’ve done some research on this auto and see the same formations happening with other growers so I don’t know if it’s genetics 🤷‍♂️ but I’m open to your information and knowledge man

Last edited:

This is my first case of this foxtail, should I be checking older calyx’s? Or wait till all pistols are brown and check? Just want to get this right. None of my other grows had this so it’s very new to me.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I on fox-tailing will chime in, but the age likely indicates immaturity; just keep checking the trichomes on the buds themselves since you look so close, and they could change quickly within a few days as it progresses to the end of its life.

To me foxtailing is genetic and don't sweat it. I grow multiple stains at a time under the same conditions and sometimes it just happens on its own. Only issues with it are that it makes trimming more of a pain (but can make for some pretty buds), and it makes it harder to tell when the plants are done since the trichomes on the tails are way behind the buds. It does make more hash usually. Your plants are about 75 days old, I'd say plan on chopping in 2-3 weeks :thumbsup:

To me foxtailing is genetic and don't sweat it. I grow multiple stains at a time under the same conditions and sometimes it just happens on its own. Only issues with it are that it makes trimming more of a pain (but can make for some pretty buds), and it makes it harder to tell when the plants are done since the trichomes on the tails are way behind the buds. It does make more hash usually. Your plants are about 75 days old, I'd say plan on chopping in 2-3 weeks :thumbsup:
That’s what I figured but need clarification to get the anxiety down. Don’t want the “shaking the cob webs off” grow to decline, did pretty good for a 3 year hiatus with a new light and nutrient line. Thanks again brotha. She’s on day 76 from true leaves so if from seed it’d be day 80 from my records and pictures

That’s what I figured but need clarification to get the anxiety down. Don’t want the “shaking the cob webs off” grow to decline, did pretty good for a 3 year hiatus with a new light and nutrient line. Thanks again brotha. She’s on day 76 from true leaves so if from seed it’d be day 80 from my records and pictures
Don't sweat it you're doing fine and still got some time:cooldance::pass:

Back